The Gaming Thread

Still playing Overwatch and enjoying the shit out of this. Only waiting for couple of buffs and nerfs and the game will seem to be very balanced and fun.

In the meantime Valve teased with "prime matchmaking" 2-3 months ago and its still not implemented. But be sure to buy the pins they released. Fuck u valve, didnt play CS for month because of this bullshit. In the meantime Overwatch is sold in 7 million copies.

To the guys playing DS3 here, are you on PC? I'm on NG+ and since I forced myself to do the game solo for the most part to say "I did it" the first run, I'm having fun with the online side on the second playthrough. I'm currently at the Abyss Watchers but if you guys want to do some co op, dueling, whatever I'm up for it!

Again I've finished Cry of Fear and have few thoughts about it:

1. How come one guy / very small team can create better games than big studios
2. You guys in Sweden have some terrible apartment complexes. I thought they were just made up fot the game, but nope, the author showed the real life footage of these.

Overall a very solid game. My complaints are:
1. Too many jumpscares. The atmosphere is good enough, no need for monsters to shatter doors before me causing heart attack.
2. Too much backtracking sometimes.
3. Some level design could use some work like completly unrealistic small streets in the city, but for one guy it's good enough.

Got my controller and started playing Dark Souls 3 again. I left off at Crystal Sage/Swamps. I do agree there seems to be a difficulty spike happening but as long as you take your time it's straight forward. Just had to make sure I didn't aggro more than one of those huge Tree Shaman Giants at once, and take them down on dry land.

Crystal Sage boss was easy after I realized the best strategy was literally to charge her and hit her as hard and often as possile. I got her down to about 35% health before she could even teleport the first time, and I just dodged her clones like crazy while closing the distance the second time. Fight was over in about 2 minutes. Kind of like the 4 kings in DS1, the more time you waste the harder it gets.

So now I am out of the swamps and entering Cathedral of the Deep.

I am curious, how far into the game am I? Some people are putting insane hours into the game but I only have 12 hours so far and am lvl 38. It feels like I am around half way.

Last edited:
Seems like I spent most of my time grinding in the first few areas (after High wall), I also had most of my difficulties there (Lothric Knights and those giant blob dragon things kept kicking my ass) after that I moved along pretty fast.

Last edited:
Well, fuck me, after Kojima tweeted this picture there were conspiracy theories like:
YOU CANT SEE RIGHT EYE ITS BIG BOSS
STFU NOOB, ITS OBVIOUSLY NORMAN REEDUS

Kojima-Productions-Ludens-Face.jpg

Well, fuck me, its Norman Reedus. Kojima had him scanned before for Silent Hills dou.

And from other great news, Mount Blade 2 Bannerlord makes me moist. I remember playing alfa 10 years ago, spending whole nights on this game because it was such amazing novelty. And looks like they didnt ruin what was good and improved what needed to be imporved, Developers, take some lessons. I might even upgrade PC for this game to have huge skirmishes

I am curious, how far into the game am I? Some people are putting insane hours into the game but I only have 12 hours so far and am lvl 38. It feels like I am around half way.

I'd say you about 20-30% through, not halfway yet for sure.

To the guys playing DS3 here, are you on PC? I'm on NG+ and since I forced myself to do the game solo for the most part to say "I did it" the first run, I'm having fun with the online side on the second playthrough. I'm currently at the Abyss Watchers but if you guys want to do some co op, dueling, whatever I'm up for it!

Fuck if i know if I'll get the time to actually progress im the game to the point of doing anything while youre still invested, but feel free to add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/n00bc0w

Reactions: griev0r
And from other great news, Mount Blade 2 Bannerlord makes me moist. I remember playing alfa 10 years ago, spending whole nights on this game because it was such amazing novelty. And looks like they didnt ruin what was good and improved what needed to be imporved, Developers, take some lessons. I might even upgrade PC for this game to have huge skirmishes

Wow, starting to look pretty cool, looks very similar but with some nice modern additions like the addition of destructible walls. Will be trying it out for sure. It has to be better than that Viking Conquest shit they released.

I mean, the only thing that can ruin this game is terrible optimisation, because the rest is just an addition im already willing to buy.
Only thing I could wish for is voice command for the troops. I always found it exhausting to lead my troops and during easy battles I just let them do FFA, but it costs a lot of troops. Unless they improved AI, but how cool the voice command would be.

Well for easy battles I just put my archers to work and send the cavalry to clean up whats left. Usually don't lose more than a few troops. It's not much work to press a few command keys at the beginning and again near the end.

I considered 300vs 100 battles easy too, but archers, especially later in the game wont be very good against some nations and you need to know when to order the cavalry and infantry to charge and then, ideally, lead them a bit during the fight, because the AI scatters like retards and is killed one by one when they absolutely wouldnt die if they sticked together. It's mainly cavalry's problem, but infantry sometimes goofs up completely too, like 30 morons chasing horse archer straight into the enemy backup to get slaughtered.