The Gaming Thread

I just downloaded Life is Strange, first episode is free and I'm sure I'll buy the rest I'm a sucker for these kinds of games. I hear this is even better than the Telltale adventure games, and I'm a big fan of the orignal TWD Telltale adventure story.

It's way better. For me it was best game of 2015. I always anticipated next episodes and the last one left me empty, that was awesome feeling. I kinda wish I could play it again without knowing the story.

I just finished the first episode, we can actually agree for once that we both think a game is good! It started off slow, and I didn't know if I could get into it being a college/teenager type story. I usually hate that setup being in my 30s now, but the main character is really likeable and so is her 2 friends I got sucked in pretty quick as the story and choices started to ramp up and you start to learn about the characters. The time reversal mechanic is very unique to this type of game also, love it. I noticed at the choice stats at the end of the episode I missed a couple things that were optional I had no idea would impact the story, I'll be sure to be more thourough from now on. Will definitely be buying the rest of the episodes as soon as I can, just a broke ass mofo right now. Thanks for the recommend!

I was the same way "Aw shit, i dont want to play as american teenage girl, wtf game" but turns out the characters are really likeable.

And in my first episode I also missed some things, I didnt talk to the black teacher about the cameras I guess and she was an ass about it for the rest of the game. Bitch, it's not my fault :(

Here is how i create characters:

1. Play as dwarf
2. If cant, check if there is good character creator. If it's mediocre, step 3.
3. Create a fucking viking or big boss lookalike.
4. If impossible, play as a woman.
5. If women are absolutely disgusting play as silly creature.

Reactions: CiG
Here is how i create characters:

1. Play as dwarf
2. If cant, check if there is good character creator. If it's mediocre, step 3.
3. Create a fucking viking or big boss lookalike.
4. If impossible, play as a woman.
5. If women are absolutely disgusting play as silly creature.

Diablo 2 instilled this in me. I also use the same couple character names I started using back in D2 for my first playthroughs with whatever class. Uncreative as fuck. haha

haha, same here :D when i was younger, i could sit trying to come up with good/cool names for ages, but i cannot be bothered nowadays. hell, my latest character in grim dawn is called sarah :lol:

so is lifemocker also aexelvan or do we just have 2 of them now?

aexalven was banned, so you do the math

Prepare for trouble
Make it double
To protect the world from devastation
To unite all people within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above
AEX!
Lifemocker!
Team Racist blasts off at the speed of light
Surrender now or prepare to fight

Last edited:
I miss Battle.net Diablo 2 still:(.

Sometimes I go on just to see if there is more than 2 games and 10 players at a time. There never is. :(

Looks like i was yet again right about a game before it's release. No Man's Sky has shitty reviews. I dont know how could it by hyped as "to revolutionise gaming".
Quasi-survival, exploration, autogenerated levels. What could go right?

I have been massively skeptical of No Man's Sky. I have not read anything about it since release, but looking at what I have seen it seems like it would get old very fast. Loads of generated content doesn't necessarily mean diversity of gameplay or longevity. It just means there is more of it to get bored in.

Reactions: Internally Deformed
Recent gaming in a nutshell. Nobody is getting creative anymore. Just some shitty indie games, open world bullshit or call of duty 8238945.

From the other hands games with potential are rotting because of developers, looking at Contagion here. Could be the greatest zombie coop game ever, but they ruined it with poor decisions and slaughtered the playerbase.

I have been massively skeptical of No Man's Sky. I have not read anything about it since release, but looking at what I have seen it seems like it would get old very fast. Loads of generated content doesn't necessarily mean diversity of gameplay or longevity. It just means there is more of it to get bored in.

I can appreciate the ambition, but now that it's out looking at the mechanics of the game it seem it would get grindy as shit real quick. Go to a planet, gather needed resources to survive and fuel up your ship, go to the next planet rinse and repeat. And it has no multiplayer other than the naming database if you discover something first. Elite Dangerous is just about as huge of a game and much deeper and that has been out for awhile, dunno why this was hyped so bad.

Someone had to pay some cash to promote this game on sites with funny pics like 9gag, imgur or whatnot, this way you start the hype and then it just goes viral and if you dont want to be excluded from the herd you need to be hyped too. Sheep made this game popular before the release and thankfuly it backfired yet again.

I see no reason to play NMS over Minecraft for example. It's the same mechanics really. Gather resources, survive, travel. But at least in Minecraft i can create a diamond dick statue.