The Gayest Metal-Band Ever...

Life Sucks said:
Dream Evil and especially their side project Pure X (who according to metal archives lyrically deal with topics such as "Homosexuality, anal sex, sexual experimentation"). Gross.

Rammstein style.
Some of their lyrics are really gross - like Buck Dich (Bend Down) in English

Personally, I don't think I like the way the members of Hammerfall have been dressed in the pictures of them I've seen. But I don't have to look at them to listen to their music, so it's okay.

I think I'd like more metal bands to not bother conforming, and just wear whatever they wear, rather than what they are expected to wear/what is normal.

Something else I'd like to see is a black (or whatever) metal band with the usual corpse-paint, but with (maistream) fashionable clothing. I think pink is currently quite common....

Yes, I'm a little on the twisted side :lol:

inEdible said:
Rammstein, for allegedly having gay sex on stage.

They've simulated gay sex onstage, but have never actually done it (to my knowledge).

That said, they still ROCK and I still love them :headbang:

And they're STILL not as gay as Manowar :lol:

DeviousDVO said:
And they're STILL not as gay as Manowar :lol:

I suppose the whole leather-and-bits-of-armour-like-stuff doesn't really help power bands. :lol:

I think I want to know which band is the most:

a couple of defineitions of "gay" said:
# cheery: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile"
# full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful laugh"
# given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
# brave: brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage"
# offering fun and gaiety; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening"

I am quite aware of other meanings of the word, but I do want to know about the..... cheeriest(?) band. :)

Maybe being that the metal god is gay that's why powermetal bands have found a niche in metal... people really look up to halford in heavy music and he's gay & it does not even matter. Someone's sexuality in metal would not matter. You have straight people in metal & who knows how many homosexuals also. The metal genre is pretty open. Maybe talent & singing out weigh someones face,pants or dress code. Powermetal bands musically/vocally have judas priest influences.

If you're a metalhead and see boy george or george micheal on VH1 you laugh because they're gay. If you laugh at Halford or bands with corpsepaint you're not longer metal and gay.

Music is more important to me where image,status might be more important to others especially some more die-hard people in metal. So even in such an open genre you still have conflict. The same people that laugh at others listen to bands that those people would laugh at because they look ridiculous to that person.

KMADD said:
Actually before they became the Stanley/Simmons show Kiss put out
some quality material. I can think of worse like your fellow country men
Queen.
do not take offense fellow paddy just saying:Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :ks: