The Gift Giving thread!

Pessimism

Endemic Vagabond
Feb 16, 2004
SoCal
It's that time of season, and who better to help you make those hard gift decisions than your fellow forum peers? Give ideas for gifts, good sites for shopping, and other generally awesome things all around! Information is always a plus, especially if you give a damn about the quality of the gifts you give.

Right now I am getting ready to buy a venetian mask; problem is, I'm unsure of what to get.
Mask I:
685_1.jpg

or

Mask II:
mask109x.jpg

Any preferences? I like the style of both - ultimately I think I'm leaning toward Mask I, but it's temporarily out of stock...

Still though, opinions would be appreciated!

Both masks are cool. Very different. I personally would have no use for one of those though, so I wouldn't buy one. They're probably quite expensive & they're just to look at.

I plan on getting my Mom a decent bracelet for Christmas. I'll probably go to JC Penny's or maybe Dillard's to get it for her.

BTW, maybe we could do some sort of "Secret Santa" gift giving thing here where we draw names & send out mixed MP3 CDs or something??? :cool: I think it's a really good concept. Maybe we should see if we can organize something like that :)

We all have mothers here, and it gets harder to not repeat the same gifts to them after so many years. So any legit suggestions would be cool.

I am not unopposed to the forum secret santa, although I fear I might draw someone who I really could not present anything new.

My mom always tells me what she wants...I bought her as figurine by the woodcarver/artist Jim Shore. It's pretty fucking gaudy, but she wants it, so whatever. My mom also now collects those porcelain light-up house village things...maybe start her a collection? Those are always interesting to look at when there are a lot, so you can feel proud of your purchase.

For my girlfriend so far I've bought her a new wallet/purse, Scrubs season 6 on DVD, and a gingerbread man beanie baby (whose name is apparently Hansel, and I thought it was cute, so I bit and purchased it)...I dunno what else to get her really...she always spends a retardedly huge amount on me, but I can't actually afford to buy that much for her and still shop for everyone else. I know she understands that, but I still feel bad. However, I'll probably just get a few more things and be done with it. I was going to buy her a fuckin' engagement ring (yeah, shut up), but they're way too expensive, so it looks like we have to wait a year or two for that :p

Everyone should draw bluewizard so he gets like 40 CDs for Xmas

My mom wants some DVD set of some nature show she likes. I will get it this weekend if she can tell me what it's called. My dad wanted a golf ball/club washer which I got last weekend for him.

I'm getting a leather jacket.

Got my Dad a small bust of the Roman Emperor Caracalla. He has a whole bunch of historical busts on his desk at work so I think he'll really like this.

I'm also going to get U of Toronto gear for my family. Normally I'd think this was lame but they all asked me for it.

I got all my Xmas shopping done at the "pre-holiday sale" at the university bookstore last month, so I got the fam a bunch of UMaine stuff.

Got my mother a UMaine teddy bear and the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour.
Got my father a UMaine ornament, a UMaine tie and a UMaine license plate.
Got my sister a UMaine hoodie and a Pirates of the Caribbean III DVD.
Got my friend a UMaine mini football (he collects them).
Got my little cousin a "Z is for Zamboni" hockey alphabet book.

And a bunch of cards.

I'll also keep with the tradition of delivering a tin full of fine cheeses to my friend Nick's (different Nick) family.

Got my brother the Fury of Dracula board game(well, he got it for Hannukah, but since Christmas/New Year's eve is immediately adjacent, we agreed between us that he won't be getting anything else).
Don't know yet what gifts to get for my parents.Gonna have to snoop around to find out what they want. My mother's birthday is exactly on the 25th so it'll also be her birthday present.

Hopefully you make it twice as expensive and/or awesome as just a holiday or b-day present...I always thought it'd suck to have a birthday near Christmas.

I'll probably head over to Rennies before I head down to visit my siblings and Grandmother. Not sure what I want to get them.

Fuck christmass and fuck trees. If I had money would spend it on my self purely. If I was not fired was actually going to buy a girl something, but than realize she's a bitch and it would be a waste of money. I'm buying myself beer for christmass(with someone elses money)

fuck jesus

^What did you get fired over? Bitching out some customers?
At Ozzman: So youre going to make a patch jacket out of your stuff?

I was fired because i'm a great person and their jealous. The waitresses there love me... in love with me! rly

they want to fuck me so bad it kills them.

.. now back to gifts and X-Mass! the christmass spirit is in the air

I was fired because i'm a great person and their jealous. The waitresses there love me... in love with me! rly

they want to fuck me so bad it kills them.

.. now back to gifts and X-Mass! the christmass spirit is in the air
:lol: Translation:I got fired for boning waitresses in the back room.:p

Since the Christmas spirit is in the air I'm going to get me an Ipod next Monday, I dont know what to get my parents, my Dad acts so modest and always doesnt want his kids getting him shit, I may give Mom a 20 $ bill though.