The Golden Nugget

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay

One album, one recent find, that blew the hair out of your ears. Come one, come all, take the podium, what should RC be listening to, that we probably are unaware of?

Minenwerfer= WW1 themed BM. Shit slays, tis all.

Fleurety.jpg

This one, thanks to @Ellestin. The band was on my watch list for years, but sadly ignored until he pointed them out as of late.

Fucking floors me beyond all hope and recognition. The wolf/lady howl bit in the exact middle of the album? Are you kidding me.

Mystras - Castles Conquered and Reclaimed

“The album tells the stories of those downtrodden under the shiny heels of knights and lords, those who chose to rise up for freedom against innumerable odds and that most often perished, sacrificing themselves for the well-being of the next generations. MYSTRAS is Medieval Black Metal against Empire and Aristocracy.”

Mystras - Castles Conquered and Reclaimed

“The album tells the stories of those downtrodden under the shiny heels of knights and lords, those who chose to rise up for freedom against innumerable odds and that most often perished, sacrificing themselves for the well-being of the next generations. MYSTRAS is Medieval Black Metal against Empire and Aristocracy.”

I've been a big fan of this mystras. Been listening a lot.

Reactions: J.
Within the past 5 years or so? For me, it would have to be Cleric but probably nobody here would dig it.

One that a few ppl here would prob dig though is Moss Upon The Skull or Antisoph. (possible RC circle jerks of yore)

or even W.A.I.L. for a more atmospheric listen...

oh, and another that nobody would like around here other than maybe spikes77...

I'll just put this here as a plug for my buddy Keith's band. They're fun and did a great job on this album. And now Keith is joining the Brazilian band Into the Strange with former members of Sarcofago and Mutilator.

Any other fans of this album? NAD?!

This shit fucking kicks my ass 5 ways to Sunday. Love the shit out of this album. No idea why it took me so long to discover. I wish they would fucking repress it so I don't have to pay a ransom for a physical edition of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed Mystras.

Im going to go through every album posted in this thread and RC as a whole. Prob wont dig half of this eclectic weird shit, but I'll give it a whirl. Tracking every album I listen to again. See if I can hit 300 new releases. (I went a few yrs without hardly checking any new shit, so this should be a fairly easy pursuit without trudging through too much trash.)

Reactions: J.
One that a few ppl here would prob dig though is Moss Upon The Skull or Antisoph. (possible RC circle jerks of yore)

I like a lot of I, Voidhanger releases. One of the few metal labels with an actual identity. I've played this one more than a few times. Sometimes I love it, other times it's just there.

I will probably end up grabbing it.

Then I would suggest yall check out Spectral Lore. Same dude

Just listened to III, that was immense. Got me through a trip to the grocery store in pleasant spirits. Some music is fitting as a back drop to every day activities. I dont have much time to intently listen to 90 minutes of music undividedly anymore. Wouldnt go well for a commute either. Use albums as tools, lifehack #67.

NP-Midnight Odyssey - Biolume Part 1. Going with some long plays today.

Just listened to III, that was immense. Got me through a trip to the grocery store in pleasant spirits. Some music is fitting as a back drop to every day activities. I dont have much time to intently listen to 90 minutes of music undividedly anymore. Wouldnt go well for a commute either. Use albums as tools, lifehack #67.

one the 10's best albums, imo. i got to know that album intimately on my many plane rides for two years. the way he layers riffs and melodies is second to none these days. on headphones, you can sit there and peel the layers back to concentrate on one aspect.

NP-Midnight Odyssey - Biolume Part 1. Going with some long plays today.

a good one, but not his best. Go for Firmament or Funerals From the Astral Sphere. but if you want quality and diversity, go for the compilation of all his projects: Converge, Rivers of Hell

Converge, Rivers of Hell | VV.AA. (MIDNIGHT ODYSSEY) | I, Voidhanger Records (bandcamp.com)

Reactions: Reign in Acai
Within the past 5 years or so? For me, it would have to be Cleric but probably nobody here would dig it.

or even W.A.I.L. for a more atmospheric listen...

oh, and another that nobody would like around here other than maybe spikes77...

That W.A.I.L and Wreck of reference are both killer :kickass:

-----

Japan: (Tin cup album)

Scott Walker (tilt album)

and two 20 minute tracks: P

Ivan:

I've always known about bloody panda, but have really been liking their 2009 release recently:

And one more time Controlled Bleeding (not a recent find, but i'll continue to plug them because rc should be listening :p )

Reactions: Krilons Resa