the good ol' "introduction song" thread with a off-topic twist

Manga-San said:
Okay, so I met this chick that was into progressive rock from the seventies and eighties (Her favorite bands were Rush, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Steve Vai. She also likes Dream Theater)...

So, naturally, I asked her if she likes Symphony X. She never heard of it, so I told her I'd introduce her to some good music...

I start off with "Lips of Ashes" by Porcupine Tree. She says it was okay, so I let her listen to Trains. She says that was okay too, but she said it would be better with violin...

I was like, "Holy shit, perfect setup..."

Accolade II. Through the whole song she was smiling and laughing while rocking back and forth. She was in awe of the band. She said she really liked the bass, and she professed to having a soft spot for crazy bass stuff...

I just laughed, and slipped in Sea of Lies. Same type of reaction as the first song...

Then she said she was a fan of some musical play that had great vocals with a lot of range...

I said, "I can top it. In fact, I can top it on this very album..."

Candelight Fantasia. The first thing she said when it finished was, "I could kiss you right now..."

So, I would do the songs in that order, Accolade II, Sea of Lies, and Candelight Fantasia...
Lovely story. You should have unzipped your fly.

Prismatic Sphere said:
Lovely story. You should have unzipped your fly.

I would have if I didn't already have a girlfriend who is just as hot, put's out a lot more (which she is VERY good at, I might add), and loves the same music that I do...

Manga-San said:
I would have if I didn't already have a girlfriend who is just as hot, put's out a lot more (which she is VERY good at, I might add), and loves the same music that I do...
Maybe you could have introduced them to each other and had a pyramid in the sky playing out a cosmic game.

stuff finding these women..where do i find a guy that wants to impress me by showcasing me symphony x!!!!!!!! not gonna happen..especially not in oz, lets just say the prog metal scene here leaves alot to be desired.

i showed it to her last night, she said she like anything with a "cool thing to it", then she said she likes rap like 50 cent and eminem, so she totally lost my respect. Then she said she also likes Evancesance, like some heavy rock stuff and hates metallica...so i just showed her inferno. She siad it was "sick" and "the vocal dude is cool" and that they are really good. But i dunno if she likes it that much, so oh well...

I don't live in New York...

Anyway, main dude topic starter person guy, she's not attractive and she likes rap.

If the thought of dating her ever pops into your head again... just picture her 10 years from now after listening to rap:
aslfatwomanwink.gif

-Kronikle

EDIT: Actually when I think about it, the first singer of Symphony X was really bad...