the good ol' "introduction song" thread with a off-topic twist

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
WARNING: There is some teenage shit that some ppl might get a bit tired of from me by now...
Ok, i know that this chick likes me. and i also know that she doesnt think i know it. The only problem is that I don't overly like her, which is a pity because no chick has ever liked me that i know about (its always me liking them:erk:) so I'm in a 'train of thoughts' right now. So she's a bit of a goth, more in image not musical taste, but she likes Evanesance abit so i've decided to show her Symphony X. Why, might you ask, if I'm not overly atttarcted to her? Well I've got reasons, this can only lead in 2 good things
1. She'll get scarred thinking that I'm a devil worshipping metalhead, which is good because she wont bother me haha.
2. She'll be hooked, in which I'll love to go out with a Symhony X fan! you see where I'm getting at?
or mabey she wont like it but still like me which sucks more..:tickled:
And I always think its cool to try to convert people.
So now im thinking of a good song to convert her? Im thinking of a 'normal' song here, no epics to get her confused or full on neoclassical ones like Out of the ashes, but a normal fairly heavy, melodic, technical and virsuostic songs. I want a perfect song to show all of Symphony Xs quality's,
Right now Im thinking of Eyes of Medusa (but im bias because thats my favourite song) or Inferno, Wicked, King of Terrors (mabey too different for SyX, i donno) Fallen, Sea of Lies, but i cant decide - there all too good!!!!

So help me figure it out.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm thinks about this a min.. i'd say fallen (thinking about what a teenage girl who likes rock might like), maybe something like Egypt as well, and if she likes soft stuff and digs those songs maybe try her on 'the edge of forever' if you have the damnation game album, but thats only if u want to go out with her :p (being a romantic song and all). if she doesnt dig those songs, then put on something really heavy and awesome like inferno or KOT to really scare her off :D

I would go with Fallen and will tell you why. You said she was already into rock and some goth or whatever right? Well Fallen to me kinda has a gothy mood to it with how the keys sound, but at the same time there isn't any really ellaborate key solos to scare her. I know when I first heard all those key solos when getting into SX and prog it was strange at first and took some time to getting used to. The keys just sound more like trance than SX's usual sound and trance is kinda how goth type groups sound like, like Evanescence for example. Here I'll make it easier for you......play Fallen for her and she'll be fallin' for you! LOL just had to say the cheesy line! Good luck, let us know how it goes.

I'm not very good at relating to young goth chicks, so I'd recommend Eyes of the Medusa or Smoke and Mirrors (the reason I got into SX) - you know, to show her what SX is REALLY about. :D

Maybe it's just me but Masquerade '98 sticks out like a sore thumb on the Odyssey album. Maybe if I heard the whole original record with it it wouldn't sound so different, but as it is, it sounds like all the Symphony X cliches crammed into one song. (But that's just imho. Please don't get offended if you like that song. :D )

Id have to go againts the overal feelings of Sea of Lies/Fallen and go for Inferno. I was just listening to it and i thought that its the PERFECT showcase of Symphony X (technical riffs, awssome intro, melodic/awsomme chorus and amazing solos all the way through it) only a bit heavier, that is even cooler. Sea of Lies might be too neo-classical or power metally in the main riffs drumbeat for a non metal listener. Fallen is a great choise everything about is perfect for it, but the solo (even thought one of my favourite from Romeo) its not the jaw dropping shredding that ppl will go WOWAAHH!! too, but its not trying to either. But i dont know why im trying too hard to find the perfect song, i dont even like her? Ill just show her Inferno tommorrow and see what she thinks. If she likes it I'll then show her Fallen, then Sea of Lies.