The good old days

A Leaf said:
hm you sounded a bit sexist at first when you said women should be good at women stuff and that you are good at men stuff! you see when you say something like that some may fail to understand that you mean men should be capable as well!
;)
How is it sexist when I mentioned both genders? Surely thats everythingism? or nothingism?

rubbish, i remember decorating a hall once and someone foolishly let some berds take part. One of em was like "im a set designer, i decorated all my own home" then when i saw the way she was glosssing the door i went

doh.jpg

so i had to go back and sort out the mess, cos i couldnt tell her she was making a pigs mickey of it or she'd get upset. she should have stuck to important supporting activities such as making tea and cleaning up after rather than recklessly attempting bloke work :erk:

women_know_your_place.jpg
http://www.funnypictures2.com/albums/MenandWomen/women_know_your_place.jpg

A Leaf said:
i wouldn't say its missing cause he completely rejects it as the lazy girl's excuse to get away!
This is a mascu-feminist conspiracy to make me look like your man from Neighbours. My point is its sad to see women who are incapable of cooking and cleaning. What are they gonna do when they have kids? give them a boil-in-the-bag bath and stick them in the microwave?

hahahahaha! yes, i still sticks! you know that's the kind of things i like to do most. and actually at this moment i'm stripping all the varnish from the stairs. fun!

and that smily was about the volvo:)

Strangelight said:
The genetics being that women are child bearers and have a maternal instinct that men can't possibly have. Of course environment and social expectations are all part of it, but Im on about good old Mother Nature here. Im impressed with the italics though :wave:

Ah right, so you don't think you'd feel "father instincts" for your child? I *hope* that I will, being my offspring and all (another trick of mother nature) - and; what on earth does "mother instincts" have to do with cooking and cleaning? Really now?

The last was cute, thank you.

Strangelight said:
This is a mascu-feminist conspiracy to make me look like your man from Neighbours. My point is its sad to see women who are incapable of cooking and cleaning. What are they gonna do when they have kids? give them a boil-in-the-bag bath and stick them in the microwave?
i'm not trying to make anyone look like anybody. i just cited your own words up there about the lazy girls. i agreed with you when you made your point more clear or when i got it when it was already clear. alright, i know what you mean here. not women or men exclusively should be capable of doing the cooking and cleaning but each person who aims to do it on his/her own, should. alright we're on the same track!

btw it's easy i mean it's not like rocket science. ironing is easy too but i'd argue if it's really necessary. this whole thing's not a big deal imho.

so much that i'm looking for my led zep's now. it's one big misunderstanding that's snowballing out of control :D

Gronke said:
Ah right, so you don't think you'd feel "father instincts" for your child? I *hope* that I will, being my offspring and all (another trick of mother nature) - and; what on earth does "mother instincts" have to do with cooking and cleaning? Really now?

The last was cute, thank you.
Maternal instincts have to do with keeping the kids safe, clean, warm, not starving etc. obviously. I never said cooking and cleaning was exclusively for women, I said theres a maternal instinct that we cant possibly have. Women are the child bearers, thats why God gave them miffs and that. And I'll repeat, I know how to cook, clean, mop up, handwash clothes, change nappies, wipe arses, do my own make-up etc and its a shame that I know so many women who dont have a clue. That is my point, its not really an argument.

So, why do you care to discuss it - if you don't get disturbed by it? I don't understand.

If some girls don't have a clue on how to cook, clean, take care of (their) babies... why should you care - unless it's your offspring?!