THE GOOD OLE WRASSLIN' THREAD

jimmy101

Sep 19, 2018
Looking to talk about wrestling. Any fed, any era.

Last edited:
Ah, Bossman. Now there's an underrated wrestler. Completely misused after his initial WWF run. The guy was super over in the early 90's and then became mostly anonymous in WCW. Got shoehorned into the nWo, and then when he returned to the WWF he should have been portrayed a bit better.

Why just old school? Should just be about it in general imo.

Anyway, The Undertaker is my favourite of all time. Big fan of Shawn Michaels and HHH as well.

he was okay, for example he didnt play off that eye poke good. I liked how he was always angry and flipping out on everyone though lmao. You remember when he popped up at Big Shows "dads funeral" and called him a drag queen and hooked up the coffin and dragged it away? :lol: wwf was so fucking ridiculous

Why just old school? Should just be about it in general imo.

Anyway, The Undertaker is my favourite of all time. Big fan of Shawn Michaels and HHH as well.
I have no problem with that. Are we able to change thread titles?

Oh yeah, UT was the man. Loved his original match with HHH at WM. Didn't enjoy the Hell in a Cell rematch as much though.

he was okay, for example he didnt play off that eye poke good. I liked how he was always angry and flipping out on everyone though lmao. You remember when he popped up at Big Shows "dads funeral" and called him a drag queen and hooked up the coffin and dragged it away? :lol: wwe was so fucking ridiculous
Haha, yeah that was ridiculous. In reality he would have went to jail for that. Think around the same time he pulled an Eric Cartman and fed Al Snow his own dog too lol.

Bret Hart > Shawn Michaels

and i love how Bret Hart is still one of the most loved and respected wrestlers of all time. Undertaker is too.
The Bret/Shawn feud is the greatest wrestling feud of all time. Hands down. So many classic moment.
What are your thoughts on the screwjob? Work, or shoot?

The Bret/Shawn feud is the greatest wrestling feud of all time. Hands down. So many classic moment.
What are your thoughts on the screwjob? Work, or shoot?
definitely a shoot. Anyone that's heard Bret talk about it would never question it. I watched it as it happened it was definitely not planned. Vince has been pushing for the whole "work" angle just because he got spit on and punched out in the locker room. he knew Bret was leaving them for WCW(which is something he thought Bret would never do) and decided to fuck him over.

Wouldn't say that he was underrated all that much. He certainly had his time in the limelight. But have you ever heard the guy cut a promo? Atrocious.

Gangrel was actually pretty good in the ring with a quite unorthodox and varied move set. And I fucking love The Implaer DDT. Edge never delivered it anywhere near as well as Gangrel.

definitely a shoot. Anyone that's heard Bret talk about it would never question it. I watched it as it happened it was definitely not planned. Vince has been pushing for the whole "work" angle just because he got spit on and punched out in the locker room. he knew Bret was leaving them for WCW(which is something he thought Bret would never do) and decided to fuck him over.
I agree. Although most of the wrestlers seem to think it was a work. One thing that gets me is when Bret drew an imaginary "WCW" with his finger to indicate to the crowd that that's where he was headed. If it was a work, then why would Vince allow him to do that? It's just free advertising for the rival promotion.

Another thing fans point out was that the WWF were trying to turn Vince into a heel, which they eventually did with great success. However, this didn't happen straight away like people think it did. Infact, on the first couple of Raw's after Survivor Series '97, Vince was still on comms & acting like a face.

Gangrel was actually pretty good in the ring with a quite unorthodox and varied move set. And I fucking love The Implaer DDT. Edge never delivered it anywhere near as well as Gangrel.
For sure, I liked his wrestling style. He had a lot going for him.

I'm actually the type of guy who think Edge sucks though. Never got into him very much and found him as champion to be unrealistic.

you guys do know that most of the WWF superstars from the late 80's and early 90's were actually in WCW first right? Including The Undertaker
HHH, Hall & Nash too.

K2zYzbJ.jpg

I agree. Although most of the wrestlers seem to think it was a work. One thing that gets me is when Bret drew an imaginary "WCW" with his finger to indicate to the crowd that that's where he was headed. If it was a work, then why would Vince allow him to do that? It's just free advertising for the rival promotion.

Another thing fans point out was that the WWF were trying to turn Vince into a heel, which they eventually did with great success. However, this didn't happen straight away like people think it did. Infact, on the first couple of Raw's after Survivor Series '97, Vince was still on comms & acting like a face.

nah most wrestlers dont think it was a work actually, only the ones who Vince McMahon has payed up. his money has a looong reach

Also Bret did a lot of things that Mcmahon didnt allow, lets not forget that those PPV's and monday night shows(for the most part) were live. They were even waving a Canadian flag around on Nitro lol. Vince was also a well established heal already at that time, regardless if he occasionally went face .. which is something he still tries to pull of i think

For sure, I liked his wrestling style. He had a lot going for him.

I'm actually the type of guy who think Edge sucks though. Never got into him very much and found him as champion to be unrealistic.
i think most of the WWF talent that time sucked, by there's no question that Edge was faaaaaar more talented than most of them ... especially gangrel.

Yeah, can’t take fucking “Mean Mark” seriously. The Heart Punch hahahaha. Thank god he changed it to The Tombstone when he became The Undertaker.

I liked Edge as part of The Brood/E and C, a solid mid carder. I did not like his push into maineventer at all. And his spear was fucking pants.

Reactions: jimmy101