THE GOOD OLE WRASSLIN' THREAD

Yeah, can’t take fucking “Mean Mark” seriously. The Heart Punch hahahaha. Thank god he changed it to The Tombstone when he became The Undertaker.
Apparently Taker almost signed with WCW circa-2000 and was supposed to wrestle under his own name with his biker gimmick. Would have been interesting to see how that would have panned out.

and also re:Bret Hart, lets not forget that a bunch of those old school wrestlers were sour as fuck that he became the main guy in the organization at the time, i've heard a bunch of them cry about the fact that he should have never got the push he did. And that he was just a tag-team guy who was never able to work the crowd. Which is a ridiculous thing to say imo. Hes one of the GOATS

and also re:Bret Hart, lets not forget that a bunch of those old school wrestlers were sour as fuck that he became the main guy in the organization at the time, i've heard a bunch of them cry about the fact that he should have never got the push he did. And that he was just a tag-team guy who was never able to work the crowd. Which is a ridiculous thing to say imo. Hes one of the GOATS
Yeah, very few wrestlers could get the crowd as emotionally invested as Bret. And his singles career easily eclipses his run with Anvil.

I still watch. It's been one constant throughout the years. For me, the golden age was the mid to late 90's. You had WWF and WCW having their Monday night war and ECW was on fire. Plus the internet was nowhere near what it is now so there was always an excitement watching either Raw or Nitro and wondering if someone from another company was going to show up. I still have innumerable VHS tapes of pay-per-views that I recorded. Saw ECW's first PPV Barley Legal when it was first broadcast. Even have an original ECW catalog stashed away somewhere.

Nice. Personally I think 96/97 were the greatest ever years in wrestling history. You had the WCW/nWo going on whilst it was still fresh. Sting was amazing during that time, easily the biggest star in the business. And then WWF was arguably just as good. Hart, Shawn, Taker & heel Stone Cold (back when he was a complete psycho). WWF did a good job at blurring the lines between faces & heels during that period. Wrestling needs to do more of that imo.

yea i have a bunch of old tapes too. Bunch of old Wrestlemanias, Survivor Series, Royal Rumbles, Halloween Havoks, Starrcades, but my most coveted one is Bash at the Beach 96 when Hogan turned heel and the nWo was officially created.

Dont really follow up anymore but i do like that Elias Samson guy. Oh and Kevin Owens too. Loved watching him powerbomb the shit out of Mcmahon.

You had the WCW/nWo going on whilst it was still fresh. Sting was amazing during that time, easily the biggest star in the business.
The build-up to Sting vs. Hogan at Starcade '97 was brilliant. As classic a face/heel storyline could get. Once the NWO became a giant clusterfuck (it seriously seemed like half the roster was NWO at one point) it lost it's luster but from when Hall and Nash showed up in '96 to '98 WCW really knew how to book storylines.

The build-up to Sting vs. Hogan at Starcade '97 was brilliant. As classic a face/heel storyline could get. Once the NWO became a giant clusterfuck (it seriously seemed like half the roster was NWO at one point) it lost it's luster but from when Hall and Nash showed up in '96 to '98 WCW really knew how to book storylines.
Oh for sure. Sting descending from the rafters with bat in hand > Austin clearing out a ring full of jobbers.

Was a real shame when they botched the finish of Sting vs Hogan. And then stripped the belt off of him. Classic WCW.

In my opinion only Syxx, Konnan, DiBiase, Scott Steiner & Buff Bagwell should have joined. Plus maybe a couple of others. Macho Man, Giant, Hennig & Bischoff should have never been in it.

i disagree about The Giant and Bischoff. One was basically Hogans goon and the other guy was the weasel who ran shit and was a perfect fit. If anyting Konnan and Dibiase definitely didnt belong

I loved watching them do the whole nWo Nitro thing by taking over the commentary table. :lol:

i disagree about The Giant and Bischoff. One was basically Hogans goon and the other guy was the weasel who ran shit and was a perfect fit. If anyting Konnan and Dibiase definitely didnt belong

I loved watching them do the whole nWo Nitro thing by taking over the commentary table. :lol:
Eh, Giant could have been good but I figured he worked better fighting against the nWo. Apparently Giant was supposed to defeat Nash at Starrcade '97, but Nash no-showed the event. They were also supposed to have a match in 1999, but Giant left for the WWF before they ever got around to staging the match.

DiBiase might not have been all that good of a fit, but it kinda tied in well with the whole ex-WWF stars invading schtick. Bischoff was pretty annoying, so I guess he worked well as a heel.

Konnan was a good fit imo. He worked better as an nWo member than just a bland babyface.

oh and the whole Red and Black Wolfpac thing was gay as fuck. The original Wolfpac of The Outsiders, Syxx and Hollywood Hogan was the shit though.
Hogan was never a part of the Wolfpac though. The Wolfpac was created so Nash et al could distance themselves from Hogan.

i couldnt stand konnan and his little wannabe act. "ORALE" "ARIBA LA RAZA" and hi gay ass latino world order or whatever the fuck it was. It was all super cringey to someone whos from LA like me.

Eddie Guerrero and the whole cruiserweight division in WCW was the shit. Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, Juventud, Psychosis, Rey Mysterio Jr, Kidman the Ultimo Dragon etc