THE GOOD OLE WRASSLIN' THREAD

Eddie Guerrero and the whole cruiserweight division in WCW was the shit. Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, Juventud, Psychosis, Rey Mysterio Jr, Kidman the Ultimo Dragon etc
I remember reading once that if you had WCW's undercard mixed with WWF's mainevent scene you'd have the perfect wrestling organization.

Hogan was never a part of the Wolfpac though. The Wolfpac was created so Nash et al could distance themselves from Hogan.
incorrect. He was a member of the original Wolfpac(which was basicvally nickname for the orignal members before they expanded), wasnt a different branch yet. They would always refer to themselves as the wolfpac

EDIT: I even pointed this stuff out in the post you responded to

@jimmy101 you never heard Hogan, The Outsiders and Syxx refer to themselves as the wolfpac before there were any other members and yyyyears before that whole gay red and black attack thing existed? "brother, me and my wolfpack ... " etc was a regular thing they would use back then.

incorrect. He was a member of the original Wolfpac(which was basicvally nickname for the orignal members before they expanded), wasnt a different branch yet. They would always refer to themselves as the wolfpac

EDIT: I even pointed this stuff out in the post you responded to
Yeah? I didn't catch that at the time. From what I've heard the nWo split came off the back of the real-life tension between Nash & Hogan. Even the spelling of "Wolfpac" was derived from Tupac, as Nash was a big hip-hop fan. They even had that hip-hop theme. This is all stuff Hogan would never subscribe to.

But yeah, before the red & black nWo ever appeared I can imagine them calling themselves that, Hogan included.

Yeah? I didn't catch that at the time. From what I've heard the nWo split came off the back of the real-life tension between Nash & Hogan. Even the spelling of "Wolfpac" was derived from Tupac, as Nash was a big hip-hop fan. They even had that hip-hop theme. This is all stuff Hogan would never subscribe to.

But yeah, before the red & black nWo ever appeared I can imagine them calling themselves that, Hogan included.
dude for the 3rd time, im talking about waaaaay before they split up and made it into an official branch/faction. There was no spelling, no shirts nothing. It was a term they used to describe their "pack of wolves". Hogan always used it.

dude for the 3rd time, im talking about waaaaay before they split up and made it into an official branch/faction. There was no spelling, no shirts nothing. It was a term they used to describe their "pack of wolves". Hogan always used it.
Yeah, I get it. Bret Hart used to refer to the Foundation as a pack of wolves too. I believe you that the wolfpack terminology existed during the initial nWo run.

Biggest reason why the nWo failed in WWF in my opinion was the fact that McMahon was initially the one who brought them in. The fact that McMahon was pulling the strings completely went against what the nWo was all about. They're an anti-authority group ffs. I remember tuning in for a couple of episodes when word spread they were returning, but then I saw things like McMahon announcing to the crowd that they were going to make an appearance on such-and-such date etc.

I mean, the nWo simply shouldn't be booked to make appearances at shows. Just look at how WCW originally did it. The nWo shows up whenever they like. In storyline, they're an unrecognised, unsanctioned, unofficial gang of wrestlers.

by far the greatest faction/group in the history of wrestling, I kind of chuckle when i hear some people try to compare DX(which was basically horrible wannabe knock off of the whole nWo attitude) to them. Even their "suck it" was copied from Syxx and Scott Hall. The new age outlaws were complete shit, one of the worst popular tag teams in history imo

DX was lame in comparison. Once Michaels wasn't a part of the group anymore it lost its lustre, was pretty good up until that point.

In fact it just became a vehicle for McMahon to take pot shots at WCW/nWo. The DX invasion, Road Dogg's "Ladies & Gentlemen..etc" thing were just low blows.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
yeah and the best part was WCW was smoking them in the ratings during that lame "invasion" skit. I'm pretty sure DX came to be because Vince saw what was going on with the nWo and asked Shawn Michaels to try and do something along the lines of what his "Klik" buddies were doing over in WCW.

Remember when Nitro was live but Raw was still taped? Bischoff would announce the results for Raw on air during Nitro. Lmfao

yeah and the best part was WCW was smoking them in the ratings during that lame "invasion" skit. I'm pretty sure DX came to be because Vince saw what was going on with the nWo and asked Shawn Michaels to try and do something along the lines of what his "Klik" buddies were doing over in WCW.

Remember when Nitro was live but Raw was still taped? Bischoff would announce the results for Raw on air during Nitro. Lmfao
Without a doubt. In fact there is strong evidence that Vince & Shawn had a romantic relationship back in the day. The Kliq could do no wrong in Vince's eyes.

Haha, yep. Although, as we all know, that ended up backfiring on them massively when they announced Mankind was set to become champ.

haha is this true or are you just fucking around?
It probably isn't true, but Bret Hart and a few other wrestlers from back then firmly believe it. I've even seen footage of Vince cracking on to Lex Luger, calling him "big boy". Will try and dig up that video when I get the chance.

ahh, this gif makes much more sense now....
h3SkBt8.gif

Reactions: jimmy101
Hurricane Helms & Scott Hall are a couple of other guys who made the claim as well.