THE GOOD OLE WRASSLIN' THREAD

Wow, Shawn has his lips puckered and everything.

(0.58 second mark of this clip looks suss.)

Not sure what Hall says here, as I have no speakers on my work computer, but Hall could be talking about how Vince was molested as a kid.

Wow, Shawn has his lips puckered and everything.

(0.58 second mark of this clip looks suss.)

yea i just saw that one a few mniutes ago and thought the same thing

Not sure what Hall says here, as I have no speakers on my work computer, but Hall could be talking about how Vince was molested as a kid.

yeah i've seen this one, but i always thought Nash was just fucking around and taking shots at Vince since he didn't like him.

I'm not sure. None of it is concrete evidence. But wouldn't be surprised at all if Vince is deep in the closet. Seems to have a disdain for women in general.

... you'll get a kick out of the Scott Hall interview where hye says Vince told him once "let me tell you about my first homosexual experience..." and him Kev looked at each other and thought "as opposed to your most recent? Like you and Warrior on a bear-skinned rug"? :lol:

Reactions: jimmy101
Acolytes were fucking awesome.

What was it about NOD you didn't like?

Yeah true, that wasn't particularly well-executed. I didn't mind the whole Rock/Faarooq infighting aspect of it though. Rock as a heel was very good, plus it gave us awesome moments like this where Faarooq comes off as a real hard-ass.

Simmons and Bradshaw were an amazing tag-team in both their Acolyte/Ministry and APA incarnations. I was also the biggest JBL mark when he went solo with that gimmick. It was controversial at the time but I love how JBL's 2004-'05 run with the title has been reassessed by many. Absolutely brilliant hell work. Sure it was more or less another take on the Million Doller Man (and Layfield himself has admitted that) but man did he sell it. During his feud with Cena for the title leading up to WrestleMania 21 he cut one of the greatest heel promo's ever in Albany, NY. Just buried the entire city. He was so over in that role. Legitimate heat.

Simmons and Bradshaw were an amazing tag-team in both their Acolyte/Ministry and APA incarnations. I was also the biggest JBL mark when he went solo with that gimmick. It was controversial at the time but I love how JBL's 2004-'05 run with the title has been reassessed by many. Absolutely brilliant hell work. Sure it was more or less another take on the Million Doller Man (and Layfield himself has admitted that) but man did he sell it. During his feud with Cena for the title leading up to WrestleMania 21 he cut one of the greatest heel promo's ever in Albany, NY. Just buried the entire city. He was so over in that role. Legitimate heat.
Ditto. I even loved it at the time. I found it so wacky that from out of nowhere Bradshaw cut his hair & started talking about his stock options. :lol:

And man, did he ever pay out on the crowd. Awesome gimmick. Arguably better than his work previous.

i cant remember in detail, i just remember him putting some curse on the Ultimate Warrior and making him throw up and stuff, and that was the last of him we saw until he returned as the Warrior in WCW.

His comeback was mishandled big time(oWn.. wtf?), but the Nitro where he came back was so awesome, gave me goosebumps. Was a huge fan of his initial WWF run so it was pretty fucking epic for me

Ditto. I even loved it at the time. I found it so wacky that from out of nowhere Bradshaw cut his hair & started talking about his stock options. :lol:

And man, did he ever pay out on the crowd. Awesome gimmick. Arguably better than his work previous.
Well it wasn't 100% random. He did put out that book on stocks Have More Money Now a year before the APA split up. His angle with Eddie was great. Eddie's blade job during their Judgement Day match was brutal.

i cant remember in detail, i just remember him putting some curse on the Ultimate Warrior and making him throw up and stuff, and that was the last of him we saw until he returned as the Warrior in WCW.

His comeback was mishandled big time(oWn.. wtf?), but the Nitro where he came back was so awesome, gave me goosebumps.

He returned to WWF in 1996 though. Famously no-sold HHH's pedigree (fuck yeah).

Yeah he got oWned in WCW, didn't he? Didn't really fit in with what they had going at the time anyway. However, I love the part in that segment you posted where Hogan says "I thought you were dead?". Hahahaha

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Well it wasn't 100% random. He did put out that book on stocks Have More Money Now a year before the APA split up. His angle with Eddie was great. Eddie's blade job during their Judgement Day match was brutal.
I had no idea about that book, so it was pretty random from my perspective.

Haven't seen that Eddie/JBL match. Might have to see if I can find it on youtube.

Yeah, Bischoff has said the same thing in one of his podcasts.

On top of that, the shitstorm that was Warrior vs Hogan at Havoc '98 ate into the time allotted for the mainevent. FMD.