The great and all powerful religion thread!

The universe operates on it's own, and in case you haven't noticed, "Divine Correction" hasn't been relevant since newton's theories got revised.

If one says that this is how the real world is, then I would ask why a God who punishes non-believers with eternal torment would disguise his actions in such a way as to trick those who think rationally.

The counter-argument to this would claim that God sent and/or spoke to prophets like Moses, Jesus and Muhammad who codified the will of the divine, and thus established right from wrong, warning that wrong leads to Hell and right leads to eternal bliss in Heaven.

But these people did really shitty jobs considering they can't even provide non-contradictory ideas withing their own teachings much less between each other. Clearly this hypothetical god has the power to set out guidelines without infringing upon free will as people could still disobey them after all. Instead he opts to have a few people tell contradictory stories then stays silent for thousands of years.

But these people did really shitty jobs considering they can't even provide non-contradictory ideas withing their own teachings much less between each other. Clearly this hypothetical god has the power to set out guidelines without infringing upon free will as people could still disobey them after all. Instead he opts to have a few people tell contradictory stories then stays silent for thousands of years.

Dont forget that the bible was edited by the Romans to stop war and chaos within the empire.

I never implied that they weren't edited themselves. And your point about Mary Magdalene is more an issue of interpretation, really.

I was referring to the Gnostic gospels, which were not written by followers of gnosticism but by writers contemporary with Luke, John and Mark. They are called the Gnostic gospels because they are revered and studied by the followers of gnosticism.