The great and all powerful religion thread!

Considering unreasonable possibilities because we don't have the answers to certain questions at the moment is retarded.

Considering unreasonable possibilities because we don't have the answers to certain questions at the moment is retarded.
unreasonable... reason.. the ones which the sciences put forth? heh

@ Cryptal

You don't follow String/M-thoery do you?
doesnt matter if i 'follow' it, does it? then again, string has a very large number of criticisms attached to it.

edit. ding.

No, It renders it the most scientifically plausible of all the thories. Thats the beauty of science. The truth constantly evolves.

If someone were to tommorow, come up with a thoery just as plausible, all scientists would be forced to give it consideration instead of flat out rejecting it.

unreasonable... reason.. the ones which the sciences put forth? heh

doesnt matter if i 'follow' it, does it? then again, string has a very large number of criticisms attached to it.

edit. ding.

Can you put down the bong and try to articulate yourself properly?

I also wonder whether ghosts prove there is an afterlife, I'm agnostic on the subject of ghosts, but it just seems if they are in fact real wouldn't it come close to proving there is an afterlife?

for the sake of argument let's assume that ghosts are in fact real. does this prove that there is an afterlife? it could... BUT ghosts could also be viewed as an energetic recording and not as a conscious entity.

We trust science because it's true. It's right in front of your face, you can clearly and plainly see that it is a fact. There's no question of blind faith or trusting works written 2000 years ago, it can be done and proven right in front of you.
Also to V5 and Nec... while I agree with your views, you can't prove that God doesn't exist because you can't prove it with science. How exactly would you propose that to be possible? The concept of a deity that modern religions depend on cannot be used to make a physical sample of proof. There is absolutely no way to prove it one way or the other, there can be evidence to make you lean towards one opinion or the other, but you can not concretely say that there is no God with evidence to back it up.

Once again, I agree with V5 and Nec, I am too an Atheist, I just take a more Agnostic and open minded approach to it.
I don't think anyone thinks you can disprove god. This in itself means very little. As I stated earlier, it's very hard to disprove anything beyond some mathematical or logical contradictions. What atheism is the lack of belief in god. I don't believe in god because there is no reason to, just as there is no reason to believe in unicorns, or thor, or UFOs or any other supernatural crap

Well, yeah, I do. I'm not going to consult the Bible for answers to my chemistry homework.
Well fine. I still think that taking moral advice from a book that condones slavery, genocide and rape is not the best idea though.

I don't think anyone thinks you can disprove god. This in itself means very little. As I stated earlier, it's very hard to disprove anything beyond some mathematical or logical contradictions. What atheism is the lack of belief in god. I don't believe in god because there is no reason to, just as there is no reason to believe in unicorns, or thor, or UFOs or any other supernatural crap

Well fine. I still think that taking moral advice from a book that condones slavery, genocide and rape is not the best idea though.

touche

Also here's a fun thing to do: mute the Youtube video and play the music of your choosing while watching it.

Yes. Yes I am quite bored.