THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE | New Album Talk HERE.

3 songs in and fuck this fella talkin over the songs... Deleted till march. Honestly to anyone who was going to DL it.... it ruins the mood totally. So good on peaceville for finding out how to make me wait...haha

sooooo... since the leak has voice stamps which means we're all obviously gonna buy the album when it comes out, how bout one of you chaps that has info on the leak lets the rest of us know? cause i seriously doubt that anyone on this forum would not buy the album just because they have a copy with voice stamps....

it seems like this album needs a few listenings, it´s not a good album the first time you listening to it, it was the same then i heard the "my twin" clip, it needed a few listenings before it was good. now i will spend my hole day to listening to this album, just sad that are alot of vocieovers, but it is a given album to buy anyway so... \m/

Actually, some file sharing programmes automatically share all the files on your computer without letting you know. You have to un-share the files manually. Maybe thats why it got leaked?

jptk said:
Actually, some file sharing programmes automatically share all the files on your computer without letting you know. You have to un-share the files manually. Maybe thats why it got leaked?

what filesharing program does that ??
sounds crap.

oohh.. it leaked.
that's outrageous..
so fucking what?

if it wasn't for "illegal mp3's" none of you would ever heard of katatonia. IN YOUR LIFE!
.. just like myself.
and i still bought every single katatonia CD, wich i would never do if there wasn't for these mp3 leaked that i heard previously.
so, stop pretending it's something bad.
if someone wants to buy the cd, he will do it with or without this leaked promo. chances are just that more people will hear this album, and buy it eventually (if they hear mp3's first). again, just like i will.
without these mp3's, we would live in the dark, but that's just my oppinion and feel free to desagree.

KRANG said:
oohh.. it leaked.
that's outrageous..
so fucking what?

if it wasn't for "illegal mp3's" none of you would ever heard of katatonia. IN YOUR LIFE!
.. just like myself.
and i still bought every single katatonia CD, wich i would never do if there wasn't for these mp3 leaked that i heard previously.
so, stop pretending it's something bad.
if someone wants to buy the cd, he will do it with or without this leaked promo. chances are just that more people will hear this album, and buy it eventually (if they hear mp3's first). again, just like i will.
without these mp3's, we would live in the dark, but that's just my oppinion and feel free to desagree.

I only got internet accsess about 2 years ago been listening to katatonia alot longer than that.
most albums dont have voice overs and i know alot of people who only download albums and never buy them

jptk said:
I only got internet accsess about 2 years ago been listening to katatonia alot longer than that.
most albums dont have voice overs and i know alot of people who only download albums and never buy them

I've been listening to them since about '97/ '98, when Discouraged Ones hit the market. Still pissed I didn't buy the EP they released before that album.

Anyway, I have two files on my hdd for musik - one "shared" and one where I put the files of albums I have to review, but only if the cd doesn't run smoothly in my old cd player, which has only been the case once.

I really must say I'm pissed with new albums I'm looking forward to getting leaked. It just sucks. I dwnldd an album I was looking forward to a few years ago, and it basically just destroyed the whole anxiety-jitters-experience, so I don't do it anymore.

Recently, I talked with one of 'em idiotic melodic black/ pagan metal jackasses who are about seven years younger. The guy actually told me he doesn't buy any albums, he just downloads them and listens to them on his PC. How uncool is that?!? Is that metal?!? Does someone like that need a fucking kick in his balls and eyeballs whinched out with a corkscrew or not? How can somebody say he's metal and behave like that? People like that ought to be stomped to pulp in a moshpit. A*******s!

And then they think they're cool because they let their hair grow long and wear black and spikes and so on. Pissheads.

I didnt have internet untill the day I signed up at UM......this was the first thing I did.......and I heard the track "murder" from the firestarter comp......so since BMD I listened to Katatonia.....internet makes no difference......

I know them already since the Jhva Elohim Meth MCD came out and own all their (original) albums, most of them in more than one format. And I'll surely order the new one as soon as it's available for pre-order.

It's a shame it leaked so early, it kills the momentum build-up towards the release. But then yeah, sad as it is, it's simply a fact of life these days that as soon as promos are sent out, it's a matter of days/hours that it'll leak..

JohnMS said:
Recently, I talked with one of 'em idiotic melodic black/ pagan metal jackasses who are about seven years younger. The guy actually told me he doesn't buy any albums, he just downloads them and listens to them on his PC. How uncool is that?!? Is that metal?!? Does someone like that need a fucking kick in his balls and eyeballs whinched out with a corkscrew or not? How can somebody say he's metal and behave like that? People like that ought to be stomped to pulp in a moshpit. A*******s!

And then they think they're cool because they let their hair grow long and wear black and spikes and so on. Pissheads.

What realy pisses me off is when soembody has the nerve to call me stupid because i buy cd's and don't download them instead, FUCKERS!!!

Ameneon said:
What realy pisses me off is when soembody has the nerve to call me stupid because i buy cd's and don't download them instead, FUCKERS!!!

What's worse is that those arses think they're so clever and metal, while they're not. But then I've recently been labelled old school by a friend because I said "no, I'm going to wait for the promo, and then I'm going to buy the CD and single anyway 'cause they're one of my fave bands and I want the real thing with the booklet and all".

Old school! How thick is that? Where's the "support your band" mentality which used to be around? What's new school? Expect bands to churn out independent music and pay the bills while earning nothing? Asswipes!

People who just download instead of buying an album now and then ought to have their eardrums torn out.

Ameneon said:

What pisses me off is when people come to a bands official forum and defend their right to download (STEAL) the bands music. As if no one would care.

JohnMS said:
Old school! How thick is that? Where's the "support your band" mentality which used to be around? What's new school? Expect bands to churn out independent music and pay the bills while earning nothing? Asswipes!

that mentality got chucked out the window when it was discovered that artists made a couple cents per cd sale, and most of the money went to the record label. that being said, i'm definitely buying great cold distance when it comes out :Spin: