THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE | New Album Talk HERE.

daimonion said:
If i where unsure wether or not to buy a cd, i probably wouldn't.

it depends on the reason why u r unsure. If you are young and the reason is the money, for exemple, you might plan to wait a month or more in order to gather the $$ needed ,if buying it might be the only way to get it (as i've said before)

jptk said:
If you buy a cd and dont like it, just return it. Thats what I do.

We have a shitty little thing called "If you open the plastic wrapping you can't return the cd unless it's defective or heavily damaged when bought.
besides It would be much more worthwhile buying cd's if the prices were reasonable.
In Israel the average CD costs nearly 90 NIS that's almost 20$(US)...the special import(and most metal CD's are) cost even more.
I usually DL everything before I buy it.NO surprises and no infections from music store headphones.
Of course whatever I don't like, I don't listen to anyway so there's no point keeping mp3's.

For every person who downloads a cd then buys it, theres always 20 people who download the album and never purchase it.

ScottAsh said:
For every person who downloads a cd then buys it, theres always 20 people who download the album and never purchase it.

Exactly. There are loads of people who download something and never intend to buy it, even if they really like it.

jptk said:
Exactly. There are loads of people who download something and never intend to buy it, even if they really like it.

of course...logic says, if I already have the music, why buy the CD?
These people don't have a conscience or money.
File sharing was supposed to be a way to fight the record companies for extremely high cd prices.
if the average CD would cost 10$,I wouldn't even think about whether to buy or not.
In the past I used to go to Eilat(The only city where everything is Duty free) every year and while there I would buy 10 or 20 cd's everytime. and all cd's were on sale and were sold for 9$ a pop and never even considered buying bootleg copies which were 5$.That was about 5 years ago.
If CD prices were like this I wouldn't be downloading stuff at all.

I would like to download this if I could find it. Not because I am out to hurt Katatonia or to Pirate their music. I am simply a diehard Katatonia fan who cannot wait for another 3 months to hear their most recent masterpieces. I own every Katatonia album to date (with the exception of Elohim Meth), and will without doubt be buying The Great Cold Distance on March 13.

I do understand there are some people who just enjoy adding music to their database, and not buying the album afterwards. I, to be honest, do that with most albums, but if it is an underground band, or a band signed to a shitty label, I will go out of my way to buy an original copy, from the band themselves if possible.

Novembers Paul said:
I'm still floored at the people who will D/L the CD, and then brag about stealing it on the bands own forum, in which the band pays for. No one can stop you from downloading it, but show some class, and keep your fucking mouth shut.

I agree mate.

but most people arn't really stealing there just "borrowing" it untill it comes out :D

madr0x said:
I agree mate.

but most people arn't really stealing there just "borrowing" it untill it comes out :D

These people are FANS of the band, at the very least, show some respect for the band. Anyone who says that they would be honored if people would download their music before its release, is obviously not in a working band. Thats like being a great chef and saying "I'd be proud if people loved my food so much, that I worked so hard on, that they walked in here and just ate it for free."

The artist doesn't want their fans hearing this album months before its ready to come out, without the artwork and lyrics, with a voiceover on every song. That is NOT the purpose of this promo existing. Its purpose is for industry people to use for promotion, writing articles, reviews, store chain buyers, etc. Not for a few scum-bags to boast about downloading it on the bands forum.

Then, the day will come when Katatonia, or some other of your favorite bands call it quits, because they are tired of the lack of respect from even their "fans," and you can start you own forum up to cry about it.

Bottom line folks, if you do it, no one can stop you, but don't slap the band in the face, and rub their nose it on a forum they pay for, that you enjoy. It's all about RESPECT. Show some.

These so called "poor kids" that download all this stuff are using computers provided by their parents and the internet bill is being paid for by their parents. They are buying sneakers and designer jeans with their money. They are just spoiled kids that have been given everything and all they are learning is that everything in life is free.
They would have never bought the cd in the first place.
So while they are scum, their downloading the thing is irrelivant.
Now the Kat fans that like the band and buy every album that they come out with are being scolded for downloading something that is out there on the net. We are the bands supporters and some are trying to make us look like the bad guys.
If I hadn't "stole" a song from Katatonia a few years back Katatonia wouldn't have 1 cent of profit from the more than 200 dollars worth of Katatonia stuff I have purchased. I always buy two copies of every cd they come out with cause I give one to my son/daughter-in-law.
True fans want the purchased CD with the artwork/words/ect.

Novembers Paul just said the exact same thing I was going to say: It's about RESPECT, ffs!!! Like he said, you don't go into a restaurant and eat the first course for free just because you promise to pay for the main course.

The band has worked on the album for two fuckin' years, folks. I can only assume that the FANS just might be able to wait for a couple months more.

C'mon...you are all( almost all ) talking bullshit!!! Everybody just talks 'how could you download album, it's illegal etc, etc...and I am sure that every damn person here already owns album and might be typing this shits in the same time when listening new album...jesus christ stop pretending..I admit, when I saw it's leaked first I was start to sweat and in another second i was already downloading it...I WOULD KILL FOR KATATONIA, and I adore them...And, yes, I WILL BUY CD when comes out, because I have respect, I'm not idiot who can't respect die-hard work, not being with family etc. because you are enjoying to make music....So, please, stop talking that you don't have new album...say:yes I have it, I'm listening to them, but I WILL BUY IT!!!!!!!!

Cheers.