THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE | New Album Talk HERE.

Justin_BORK said:
It'll make springs arrival that much more endearing!

You know, its so far away, some of us might die before we ever get to hear it. Look both ways before crossing the street!

I didnt really like the clip at first. I have listened to it alot since and now I fucking love it!!
Early release please!

great covers both the cd and the single!!

the clip sounds great, it reminds me some cool "viva empitiness" vibes...however, it's just the single, I expect a lot of great and also better tracks on the record....just cant wait to have it in my hands

Hi, I'm new here... been an avid Katatonia follower for quite a bit of time now... just heard the new sample and went completely :OMG: over it... Can't wait for the new album to be released, but i DO have to complain about the date, too :'( March? AAAARGH that is INCREDIBLY frustrating :'( :hotjump:

just heard the clip an it sounds awesome, i think this time they have reached a new level, i dig a lot the title, it has a pretty open meaning,

sotar79 said:
just heard the clip an it sounds awesome, i think this time they have reached a new level, i dig a lot the title, it has a pretty open meaning,

Yeah, it's also very similar to the song title "The Great Distance" by Rapture, a band that is a huge and blatant katatonia ripoff. I suppose they owed them a ripoff of their own though ;)

jptk said:
You know, its so far away, some of us might die before we ever get to hear it. Look both ways before crossing the street!

I didnt really like the clip at first. I have listened to it alot since and now I fucking love it!!
Early release please!

Sometimes I wonder if I will die before finishing someone's project, and picture them sitting there, upset, wondering why I don't answer their emails.

wankerness said:
Rapture, a band that is a huge and blatant katatonia ripoff.

P1010037.jpg

Yeah, I didn't mean they were BAD, I really really like Songs for the Withering, it just sounds almost identical to a slightly more complex Sounds of Decay done with better production on many of the songs.

Seems like Trav said:
Sometimes I wonder if I will die before finishing someone's project, and picture them sitting there, upset, wondering why I don't answer their emails.

Ah yes, I ponder at these things myself:D

falling bird said:
Here's my version:

The neck and then this shame
The head is hung in shame
The neck and then this shame

I thought that you weren't cold (not too sure about this :S)
That you would carry on
But now that I am gone
What else has been withdrawn?

You used to be like my twin
And all that's been
Was it all for nothin'
Are you strong when you're with him?
The one that's placed you
Above us all

I think of love
I let it pass
It feels like fire
But it won't last

You used to be like my twin
And all that's been
Was it all for nothin'
Are you strong when you're with him?
The one that's placed you
Above us all

What is it coming to?
I am unwilling to go on
You have lost
No one has won

:headbang:

After listening to the song for four days on end on repeat, I agree that these are the closest lyrics yet.. good job mate - just my opinion on some things - first stanza is still a bit of a mystery tho - third line is most probably "the neck and then this shame" though, and as 2nd and 4th are repeated too, I'd say it's the same...

can't wait for march :'( ordering as soon as pre-order is available, definitely!! Katatonia rule..too damn much!:yell: :worship: :yell:

I think it's (as another use pointed out)

"First the neck, then the chain
First the neck, then the chain
The head is hung in shaaame"

I just got the promo through for the new album, so far it's sounding really rather good :cool: Pretty much a logical step from Viva Emptiness, although I think this one will take repeated listens to know where it stands for sure...

And before anyone asks there's not a chance in hell I'll rip it for you.

you really want to make all of us envious;)

nice photo on the back! Jonas´photo looks like the one on Dance of December Souls cover!He seems unchanged on this pic:)

so can you tell us at least if it is harder than Viva?