The Great Cold What?

Keltoi said:
I've read multiple reviews of The Great Cold Distance and the majority have been quite positive...but it wouldn't matter if all the reviews I read were negative, I would still pick up the album myself and make up my own mind. I've been a Katatonia fan long enough to know that unless they suddenly decide to put out a hip-hop album I will continue to enjoy most everything they record. Opinions are like...well you know.

exactly!...:kickass:

Keltoi said:
I've read multiple reviews of The Great Cold Distance and the majority have been quite positive...but it wouldn't matter if all the reviews I read were negative, I would still pick up the album myself and make up my own mind. I've been a Katatonia fan long enough to know that unless they suddenly decide to put out a hip-hop album I will continue to enjoy most everything they record. Opinions are like...well you know.
I also don't really care what it would sound like, at least I know they will keep it dark and moody=it won't sound like Helloween (the most cheesy band in the world I know of:ill: ). But unfortunately people write reviews not for the old fans:(

Blakkheim said:
i wasnt defending my own album. i highlighted a few points you expect a review to fullfill - most importantly having the correct title of the album, or is that asking too much from one of the most famous magazines in metal? (yes i hear u scream "no its not a metal mag, its a nu metal or emo mag", but hush..hush...)

for yer information, this promo copy is in no way different from the final version except for the voiceovers. it's naive to assume some inferior production or roughmix glorifies the promo and then heaven represent itself on the album. 1) find a label reprsentative. 2) listen when he speaks to you.

oh so we're bringin up little juice from yesterdays, arent we? the copy i had of the paradise lost album and the final copy is the same and my opinion remains. i didnt change my opinion at all, clear? and no, i'm sorry but i never got any pathetic emails. all i got, was to see a bunch of kids that kicked and screamed on the floor in their pyjamases.

yer entitled to say whatever u want man, but please dont tell me what i should or should not get upset about. some things actually go beyond this. and chill on that whole "promo vs final work" theory for yer own good.

SMACK!!! :cry: DAMN IFK_Gothenburg,just take your ball and go home...............................PLEASE!!!!

hm... I found a so bad and hurting review from a German online-mag that I don't want to share it :(
Totally short and he didn't mention one single track, he hated everything! :ill:

Anyway, I hope I'll find it in the shops tomorrow, I love "My Twin" and need more

Weathered said:
i think you mean the review by metalspheres... just another dumbass review -.-

Yes, I mean this. I'd personally never write any review about any band that way. It's unprofessional.
But other editors from this mag do better jobs..

Unicorn said:
Yes, I mean this. I'd personally never write any review about any band that way. It's unprofessional.
But other editors from this mag do better jobs..

Hahaha i loved this one!

for me that whole review is a logical result of a person having to review something he just cant grasp nor understand... and cum on, who can blame him for those harsch words...? why wouldn't he be allowed to feel upset when the new grave digger album was handed over for a review to his colleague instead of him... all he got was an (quote) "alternative album"... how metal is that? no...

this dude self proclaims exclusively only to listen to (quote) "Power-, Speed- und Thrashmetal, 80er, NWOBHM und Hardrock"... in other words, why the hell would anyone wanna give this guy's brain something so confusing that is not filed under Power-, Speed- und Thrashmetal, 80er, NWOBHM und Hardrock...?!? isnt that all there is!?? whaat? wait, there's more than that? germany? europe?!? no shit, an entire world?!? its the year 2006?!? no way?!?

hahaha this guy has my full cred!!!

Hehe, yeah something like that ;).

"...dazu noch mieserabel produzierte...", I mean, this guy probably still plays his CD's on his vintage 1985 my-first-Sony ghetto blaster he got for his 7th birthday. :rolleyes:

Mwahaha, what a laugh.

just seeing how they think in their recruiting ploys says it all:heres their plug,to get reveiwers

We made you curious? Very well, perhaps you are exactly that, which we look for. At present we have in our team, we despite the planned expansion relatively small and visible to keep want to remain around financially independent and our ideals to carry out be able, two editor posts with emphasis-moderate orientation somewhere on the ranges

Prog skirt/Prog Metal/skirt/evtl. Melodic Metal

and

Hard core/Metalcore/modern skirt and/or Metal/alternative

to assign:

Why that? We began in the autumn 2002 as small two man Fanzine and are since then expanded to a team of a scarce dozen editors + guest writers. Since we could use something support in the sections specified above still, we try now in this way to find someone which fits us. We do not suffer under any circumstances from any pressure urgently someone to find, therefore we look for success-promising characteristics also very purposefully after people, which determined, have. But the following criteria would be ideal:

- you identify yourself with our side and our ideals and are interested therefore also in a long-term co-operation
- interest in the letter of CD Reviews AND (importantly!) Interview
- team ability
- at least 18 years old
- reliability
- a due portion of idealism
- on the other side in addition, a healthy criticism ability
- you can have stated of you, hear already much and read and have looked also times over your musical principal interest
- in the ideal case also abilityability ability and interest in administrative tasks (News post, article correct or translate)
- Zine experience would be useful however not necessarily necessary

In response we have to offer naturally also something to you. Graduation CDs you get posed, in addition the possibility of meeting or them by telephone or Mail your questions of sending your heroes, which you wanted to place to them always times. As a member in our team your work will be an important part of our side. With us there are no obligations, no influence by advertising partners or other, wide-spread muck, but pure idealism. And in the ideal case we train to drink itself on any Festival or concert then also personally and or other beer together.

If you should fulfill only one part of the requirements specified by us, you can naturally also write us down. Perhaps it fits nevertheless or you has also simply only interest to carry here and there times a guest contribution out to care you for the News somewhat to the location section to contribute, translation or correction work to take over or our sides of a graphic fresh cell culture to submit. Such assistance is naturally also at any time welcome us and we is pleased about each kind of interest in the Spheres.

If we should have waked thus your curiosity, nevertheless simply times and tells us the most important writes us down about you.

redaktion@metalspheres.de

Blakkheim said:
Hahaha i loved this one!

for me that whole review is a logical result of a person having to review something he just cant grasp nor understand... and cum on, who can blame him for those harsch words...? why wouldn't he be allowed to feel upset when the new grave digger album was handed over for a review to his colleague instead of him... all he got was an (quote) "alternative album"... how metal is that? no...

this dude self proclaims exclusively only to listen to (quote) "Power-, Speed- und Thrashmetal, 80er, NWOBHM und Hardrock"... in other words, why the hell would anyone wanna give this guy's brain something so confusing that is not filed under Power-, Speed- und Thrashmetal, 80er, NWOBHM und Hardrock...?!? isnt that all there is!?? whaat? wait, there's more than that? germany? europe?!? no shit, an entire world?!? its the year 2006?!? no way?!?

hahaha this guy has my full cred!!!

I'm glad you can stand above those things. :cool:
I got a great review for my band HEL from another editor, I think I should be troubled now of my music having too much 80s sound :zombie:
But now I have to hurry and get me TGCD.

Hobo said:
there is a swedish "punk" semi-racist girlband called Hel.
they are so bad they make bad sound realy good.

Hehe, I know. A lot of people are abusing us for taking their name. But we exist since 1994, so I think they stole the name ;)

"The Great Cold Distance" is 3rd in the soundcheck in Aardschok magazine, Holland. After Sepultura (album of the month) and Queensrÿche (who get 83 average, just like you)..

The reviewer (who thinks Katatonia is a Finnish band... :rolleyes: ) gives you 85/100. So a good result despite the factual incorrectness.