The Greatest Black Metal Bands of all time

henrikmain said:
Emperor101, change your avatar. Now. I don't think I want to be associated with you. So yeah. I started using it first :p (Check join date).

Yea, i noticed that the other day. I figured that i didn't raelly give a fuck if you wanted to be associated with me or not, so I'll keep it. I hope it pisses you off, i truly do. Like my signature says, fucku. Its not that I copied you by no means, I'm no poser. I was going to change it, but I saw your message. Hehe.

Emperor101 said:
Yea, i noticed that the other day. I figured that i didn't raelly give a fuck if you wanted to be associated with me or not, so I'll keep it. I hope it pisses you off, i truly do. Like my signature says, fucku. Its not that I copied you by no means, I'm no poser. I was going to change it, but I saw your message. Hehe.

Oh, ok.

This is the deal. I have been listening to death metal for 7 or so years now. I have hung out with Cannibal Corpse, with Chris Barnes mind you, I was a drummer for the band Prelude to Damnation here in NC, I have been to 3 Emperor concerts in 2000 and 2001, we miss them much, and I have read many books regarding black and death metal. I know the difference in both. I tried to change the fucking title after realizing that it may be a good to because you guys like to criticize so much. There is this interesting book you can book up at Barnes and Nobles called the Rise and Fall of Metal. Two guys who got interested in the Church burnings in Norway, Sweden, etc in the 80's and early 90's interviewed several bands of that took part in those burnings somehow or another. They interviewed Death from Mayhem before blowing his brains out, they interviewed Emperor while in the studio recording their demo "Emperor". They just got down to it. I learned alot from that book. Its true and to the point. It tells the history of Death and Black metal. The dudes who wrote it didn't even care for the music, they were just interested in it. Read it and tell me that Cradle has no influence on most of YOUR favorite bands that YOU listed. Its not the music they might have liked, but just the style. So, I am Emperor101 for a mother fucking reason. I know my stuff. I beleive that you don't. So blow on my hairy balls. :)

Oh yea, who's ever heard of Ulver. Maybe I'll start a thread on that and bitch about it. All this because Cradle sold out or you don't lke them. C'mon.

Emperor101 said:
This is the deal. I have been listening to death metal for 7 or so years now.

You still seem to know curiously little about the actual genre.

I have hung out with Cannibal Corpse, with Chris Barnes mind you

Hanging out with Chris Barnes doesn't make you cool. 6FU sucks so much it's not even funny. However, I liked his vocal performances on the early CC albums.

I have been to 3 Emperor concerts in 2000 and 2001

This I envy.

They interviewed Death from Mayhem before blowing his brains out

They shot him after the interview?? o_O :p And yeah, I know of that book.

tell me that Cradle has no influence on most of YOUR favorite bands that YOU listed.

I'm afraid that you're the one without a lot of knowledge when it comes to extreme metal. Some of my fave bands are Darkthrone, Emperor, Mayhem, Enslaved and early Satyricon. These bands were formed before COF, and were influenced by acts such as Bathory, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Sodom, even some Venom. NOT Cradle Of Filth.

So, I am Emperor101 for a mother fucking reason. I know my stuff. I beleive that you don't. So blow on my hairy balls. :)

A general rule on this forum is that persons with numbers and/or band names in their nicks generally aren't too bright :p And you just seem like a walking metalhead stereotype when using expressions such as those.

And please, just stop. The only bands COF have influenced are just the standard run-of-the-mill synth "black metal", bands formed in the later parts of the 90s. None of these bands are acknowledged today, and will not be remembered. Just out of curiosity, have you heard of Deathspell Omega? Graveland? Blut Aus Nord? Taake? Original black metal bands, and nothing like your typical synth laden BM. Just to broaden your horizons a bit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy symphonic BM, like early Gehenna, Dimmu Borgir etc, but I'm just not too keen on COF.

congratulations Emperor101, you learned about metal from reading a shitty book and listening to a shitty band.

I don't like cradle. the thread was originally supposed to be a poll. But, it didn't work out that way. my fault for that. Oh yea, one thing I agree with you about is six feet under sucks ass. Now, chris is all burned out and vocals shot. And the book isn't shitty. I don't beleive anyone of you has read it, cuz thats the subtitle, i figured i used that instead of the real title to see if you assholes knew anything. So, hah, I caught someone in a lie...

I don't like cradle. the thread was originally supposed to be a poll. But, it didn't work out that way. my fault for that. Oh yea, one thing I agree with you about is six feet under sucks ass. Now, chris is all burned out and vocals shot. And the book isn't shitty. I don't beleive anyone of you has read it, cuz thats the subtitle, i figured i used that instead of the real title to see if you assholes knew anything. So, hah, I caught someone in a lie... and I know Death shot himself, i guess it was worded too wrong for your Highness.

Sorry to do pretty much the same thing as you, Henrikmain, but I am pretty bored.

Emperor101 said:
This is the deal. I have been listening to death metal for 7 or so years now. I have hung out with Cannibal Corpse, with Chris Barnes mind you, I was a drummer for the band Prelude to Damnation here in NC, I have been to 3 Emperor concerts in 2000 and 2001, we miss them much, and I have read many books regarding black and death metal.

Cannibal Corpse are a generic, shitty band. Chris Barnes is a talentless faggot. Emperor are overrated. Who the hell are Prelude to Damnation? Books aren't always accurate.

I know the difference in both. I tried to change the fucking title after realizing that it may be a good to because you guys like to criticize so much.

We criticise because you talk absolute bollocks.

There is this interesting book you can book up at Barnes and Nobles called the Rise and Fall of Metal. Two guys who got interested in the Church burnings in Norway, Sweden, etc in the 80's and early 90's interviewed several bands of that took part in those burnings somehow or another. They interviewed Death from Mayhem before blowing his brains out, they interviewed Emperor while in the studio recording their demo "Emperor". They just got down to it. I learned alot from that book. Its true and to the point. It tells the history of Death and Black metal. The dudes who wrote it didn't even care for the music, they were just interested in it.

This book may be good, it may be completely inaccurate. If they don't even care about the music, I'm presuming it's the latter. Regardless, his name is "Dead" rather than "Death". Stop thinking everything you read in books is factual.

Read it and tell me that Cradle has no influence on most of YOUR favorite bands that YOU listed. Its not the music they might have liked, but just the style. So, I am Emperor101 for a mother fucking reason. I know my stuff. I beleive that you don't. So blow on my hairy balls. :)

Eh? Why would I need to read your book to find out who influences the bands I like? There's something called 'hearing it in the music'.

Oh yea, who's ever heard of Ulver. Maybe I'll start a thread on that and bitch about it. All this because Cradle sold out or you don't lke them. C'mon.

I hate Ulver too. I don't dislike Cradle because they sold out, I dislike them because they've not done anything innovative or interesting. The statement that they 'helped to create melodic metal' is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Emperor101 said:
I don't like cradle. the thread was originally supposed to be a poll. But, it didn't work out that way. my fault for that. Oh yea, one thing I agree with you about is six feet under sucks ass. Now, chris is all burned out and vocals shot. And the book isn't shitty. I don't beleive anyone of you has read it, cuz thats the subtitle, i figured i used that instead of the real title to see if you assholes knew anything. So, hah, I caught someone in a lie... and I know Death shot himself, i guess it was worded too wrong for your Highness.

You didn't catch anyone lying, retard. Obviously, they knew what book you were talking about (what with it being the ONLY book on black metal), and didn't feel the need to correct you. Regardless, you got it wrong anyway. The name of the book is "The Rise of the Satanic Black Metal Underground," while the title is "Lords of Chaos." It's written by Michael Moynihan of Blood Axis.

Emperor101 said:
And the book isn't shitty. I don't beleive anyone of you has read it, cuz thats the subtitle, i figured i used that instead of the real title to see if you assholes knew anything. So, hah, I caught someone in a lie...
Nice try, shithead. Everyone knew that you were referring to the pointless book from Michael Moynihan. And yes, it is a shitty book, especially when it convinces posers like yourself to think you actually know something about metal.

Go listen to Hoobastank, you fucking cumbubble.

I found this in Emperor101's profile:

Emperor101 said:
Biography:
Easy going, look more like a prep then a metal head, but I sport out Emperor, old school Cradle, Cannibal Corpse, etc, etc.

Interests:
Playing drums, hangin' out wit my homies

You sound like the king of metal, don't you.

damn this thread is funny, some dickslop gets ripped to shreds in his own thread. . . i love it.

yoru generic views are right along side those of MTV. why dont you watch the 100 greats metal moments, since its so. . "resourceful"

Erik said:
For example, I believe Quorthon's real name is cited as being "Pugh Rogefeldt." You really need to be Swedish to understand the hilarity of that complete and utter fuck-up.
Can you explain it? I'm no Swedish but i'd like to understand. :)

i've read lords of chaos. despite getting some facts wrong, it DOES give give us plenty of interviews with varg, ihsahn and others who played a key role in the second wave of black metal. it is also very intuitive in its examinations of nordic culture and its impact on the youths that were a part of the norwegian BM movement.

that being said, if one read that book without much prior knowledge of the scene, they would certainly not be considered "well-informed" after reading it.

with some of the comments made by this individual, it is highly unlikely that he even read it at all. COF influential on the early BM scene??? come on! even anonymousnick2001 wouldn't say something that blatantly ignorant.

Emperor101 said:
Like my signature says, fucku ..... I'm no poser.
well, there is nothing left to really tear to shreds, but i had to get in on the action, so im getting particular.

1. your signature doesn't say 'fucku' it says 'metal is our only hope' - gimp

2. you are a poser. get a clue.