the greatest metal solo of all time?

I could go on a tare about solos i made a cd once full of just solo's that i liked awile back. Too bad i cant find the cd or the rips anyways.

Metallica- Ride the Lightning
Nevermore- Final Product
Kalmah- Heritence of Berija
Devin Townsend- Away
Opeth- Really anything they have done
Dream Theater- This Dying Soul (even if they are cheese I still like them)
Necrophagist- Mutilate the Stillborn

Among others. Some of those are off the top of my head.

Ok, I will admit I didn't read every page on this thread, but I read the first and the last, and I have to admit I am incredibly disappointed. Yes you all have a very diverse genre of solos, and someone mentioned a solo being a minute long, but please..... I mean really, PLEASE.....

FREEBIRD?????????????? FUCKING ANYONE????????????

I am disappointed I didn't see it, and for all you haters out there either try playing it on a real guitar, or for those of you(me) who are musically retarded, try playin that shit on expert on Guitar Hero 2.

You all disappoint me.:cry:

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Ok, I will admit I didn't read every page on this thread, but I read the first and the last, and I have to admit I am incredibly disappointed. Yes you all have a very diverse genre of solos, and someone mentioned a solo being a minute long, but please..... I mean really, PLEASE.....

FREEBIRD?????????????? FUCKING ANYONE????????????

I am disappointed I didn't see it, and for all you haters out there either try playing it on a real guitar, or for those of you(me) who are musically retarded, try playin that shit on expert on Guitar Hero 2.

You all disappoint me.:cry:

Best solo of all-time right there. The topic says "metal solo" though so I didnt bring it up.

Kudos to you though.

Cheers. :kickass:

Reactions: IcedMaidenAllica
Ok i spent the time and read everyone's comments, and there are some great solo's to be spoken of, but I stand by my choice. There's really nothing like freebird and never will be again. If your band is sucking, in ANY genre of music, what is the one thing you can count on someone yelling from the crowd? FREEBIRD!!!!!!!!!

AC/DC - Whole lotta rosie
children of Bodom - Kissing the Shadows
Deep Purple - Child in Time
anything by firewind
Paradise City and You could be mine -Guns N Roses
Poison was the Cure and Tornado of Souls - Megadeth
Ballad of the Last lions - Paul Gilbert
Scarified and technical Difficulties - Racer X
Mikanouta (live) - Sex Machineguns

I love Chuck Schuldiner's stuff for metal. But my favorite soloist of all has got to be Stevie Ray Vaughan. He's killer.