the greatest metal solo of all time?

Blood Red Throne's "Ripsaw Resentment" has a kick ass solo.

Fuck yeah, that whole song is kick ass, probably my favourite of the album. :headbang:
Also for Blood Red Throne, i love how Bleeders Laments solo moves into that unnerving lead.

I just seen Testament live, i forgot how good the solos from practice what you preach and over the wall are, speedy fitting shreds with melodic moments of beauty.

Romeo is awesome for the record :worship:

Whoever said Key to the Gate is definitely right, I don't know how I could have forgotten that one.

I gather that The Greys was trying to say that he likes it when bands stick to the theme of the album. For example if the album was called "Inner shrieks of torment" and the lyrics were about being tortured and psychologically haunted, that the music would therefore be dark and dissident to an extent with leads and solos full of squealing harmonics and unbalanced weirdly built structures (like and insane mans mind) instead of an awesome stench of redemption sweeping arpeggio solo in a melodic tone opposite to the rhythm guitars crushing heaviness .

hmm solo well Loudblast - wisdom :headbang:

I would have to say 'Images' by Cacophony, i just love that whole song.

Cacophony rules. I prefer Speed Metal Symphony to that other album they did. All the solos on that album make me spooge, and the song Concerto is one of the most beautiful wankfests I've ever heard.

Wankfests can be beautiful? Really?

Yes, actually they can. I'm a guitarist and I have a massive ego, so not only can that shit be beautiful to me, but being able to wank is a trait I consider pretty important in my life.

The entire Yngwie Malmsteen discography, lol. Just kidding.

Morbid Angel - Secured Limitations

That is definitely an ass-kicking solo. That album in general had some really interesting guitar work. I also liked the unusual combination of guitar and keyboard on "At One With Nothing". Not award-winning technically or anything, just proof that Morbid Angel can add some cool dimensions to the death metal schematic.