The Greatest Video Game of All Time

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Final Fantasy VI, or III as it was known in the US when I first discovered it.

Fact.

runrun.sized.jpg

ff3.bmp

2474.jpg

049.jpg

ff6_jap.jpg

forest.png

ff6amano03.gif

cid-02.jpg

To this day, I still use Locke as my main character for damn near every game I've played since.

Gay: FFVI reissuse for PSX does not read PS2 memory cards.
Rules: Original PSX memory cards work in PS2 (I just discovered this).

Just sold my mint complete copies of FFII and FFIII for 100 dollars among my loose cartridges as well. I'm not really sure what the best game is... right now I'm thinking Medal of Honour : Allied Assault

I rediscovered Heroes of Might and Magc 4 yesterday and rembered what made me play that for silly amounts of hours. Turnbased combat is wonderful, I prefer it to real time most times.

I played some just now and slew the feeble elves and dwarves with my vampires and bone dragons and resurrected them as undead.

HoMM 2 & 3 were the shit. I never played 4.

My vote for greatest computer game ever:
153.jpg

Takes all the awesomeness of RTS games and then takes out the micromanaging economic "LETSSEEWHOCANCLICKTHEFASTEST" bullshit and replaces it with an amazing physics engine and pure tactical combat. Add ungodly amounts of gore and a crazily cool storyline and you have a big fat load of ruleage.

Note that the picture I posted wasn't HoMM, but Might and Magic II: At the Gates to Another World... And I think HoMM IV might be the best one yet actually, the others are too uneven

fotmbm said:
Note that the picture I posted wasn't HoMM, but Might and Magic II: At the Gates to Another World... And I think HoMM IV might be the best one yet actually, the others are too uneven

Hehe yes I noticed that after making a nice little rant post, but managed to delete it before anyone could see my blunder ;)

I haven't played the first in the series, but it's always the one you're playing atm that gives you most; I would miss a lot of things and find other things annoying if I went back to HoMM3 now, and the same with number two and three respectivly.

I say Halo, or the old Baseball Stars for NES, or maybe even Tecmo Super Bowl II for the super nes-

Computer games I'd vote for Europa Universalis II, in which, one can take over the whole world, and try with a African or Indian nation.

ssx3

ratchet + clank2 (just bought our kid r+c 3 for xmas , got 2 last year and sat up til 3am for weeks drinking beer and using the best weapons evar!!!)

timesplitters 2
nad if youve just got a ps2 you need this!

but i really need killzone
if I wasn't poor i wouldn't have played the demo 40 times

The Square SNES RPGs were nearly all masterful, but my favorite game that very few have heard of is Ys Book I & II. This game has the BEST MUSIC EVAR, it is so amazingly beautiful.

ysbook01.JPG

Another really really strong one is Super Metroid, I found it better than the original because it shifted environments, and wasn't impossibly difficult (it's main fault was it may have been too easy actually). Original Legend of Zelda and Link to the Past were both obviously incredible, ahhh... oh Lords of Thunder was very muchly good with some awesome Japanese shred (ask Marksveld), etc. etc.

Hey could someone tell me what's a good strategy game (like war/battle-based) for PC? The only strategy game I played that I loved was Ogre Battle, but I think I'm in the mood for a futuristic game like maybe Starcraft. Thanks to any that catch this buried paragraph. :loco:

hahahaha I prefer games with a nice story that is easy to learn the mechanics of (hence my love for console RPGs), but not overly simplistic. Unless I'm in the mood for shooters to blast said fuck out of said things. :D

Xenogears deserves a mention. Awesomely incredible in every way, and probably the most involved story in a game I've come across.