the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't they didn't even make it to the Finals last year.

...so the Lakers get 3 and it's a dynasty, but the Spurs get 3 and it's, what, luck? a fluke? because we didn't repeat?

if it weren't for god cursing us all and somehow putting Shaq and Kobe on the same team (with Robert Horry), i'm sure Duncan would have gotten at least one and probably 2 more during his MVP seasons... remember that it was always the Lakers knocking the Spurs out of the playoffs to get to those rings, and remember that it was the Spurs who did what nobody else could in beating the Lakers in '03 to end their run...

Dallas is all about good timing and a bit of luck and a bunch of young energetic players thinking they can take on the world, and that's all well and good and it might get you to the Finals one year, but it's Coach Pop and the Spurs organization that wins championships, not a few players having a few good games where their shots go down... the Spurs organization is 10 steps ahead of anything else in the entire league... compared to the Spurs strategy and professionalism, every other team in the NBA are just children running around in circles hoping that it'll finally be their turn to win...

hows it going ladies and gents

having a nice sunday morning??

is that link about earning money at the top of the board legitimate???
Of course it's legit, Don't ever question teh MetalAges, are you asking for a bannnn??? :lol:

Actually I have never tried one of those particular schemes, but it is probably worthy of a try. Deron apparantly has used it with moderate success

...so the Lakers get 3 and it's a dynasty, but the Spurs get 3 and it's, what, luck? a fluke? because we didn't repeat?

if it weren't for god cursing us all and somehow putting Shaq and Kobe on the same team (with Robert Horry), i'm sure Duncan would have gotten at least one and probably 2 more during his MVP seasons... remember that it was always the Lakers knocking the Spurs out of the playoffs to get to those rings, and remember that it was the Spurs who did what nobody else could in beating the Lakers in '03 to end their run...

Dallas is all about good timing and a bit of luck and a bunch of young energetic players thinking they can take on the world, and that's all well and good and it might get you to the Finals one year, but it's Coach Pop and the Spurs organization that wins championships, not a few players having a few good games where their shots go down... the Spurs organization is 10 steps ahead of anything else in the entire league... compared to the Spurs strategy and professionalism, every other team in the NBA are just children running around in circles hoping that it'll finally be their turn to win...
During that time they didn't have a dynasty, now they did have one and got knocked out last year, so if they don't make it to the finals this year I won't consider them a dynasty.

You're giving Pop a little too much credit there. Avery runs just as tight a ship as Pop does and the Mavs are just as disciplined as the Spurs. The lack of Nellie's tactics is a hamper, but Avery's discipline does help. The organization of the Spurs is the best in the NBA, but the future of the Mavs is much brighter. We have youth and discipline and players blossoming and getting ready to blossom that will kick some major ass.

I've got LT and Ocho-Cinco. My team has been driving through the league like a freight train, annihilating everything in its path.

your team not doing so well?

No, I find the whole idea of Fantasy Sports has been taken way to seriously by people in my area. People refuse to go 5 mins. without ranting on about the players they have, and then they argue with other people on trades and shit. I've seen people lose friends over Fantasy Basketball, and Football. That's just fucked up.

so if they don't make it to the finals this year I won't consider them a dynasty.

i think we define "dynasty" differently here... Larry Bird's Celtics "only" won 3 championships in 6 years without a repeat (and two years between the first and 2nd) and during that same era, Magic's Lakers didn't repeat until their 5th championship in 87-88, and somewhere in there the Sixers won one. And yet I'm sure anybody would call both of those teams "dynasties", not because they won every single year but because they were legitimate championship contenders every year for many years.

just like the Spurs. no other team since the beginning of the Popovich-Duncan era has a higher winning percentage, and the Lakers only have 3 rings, too, so no other team has out-performed them.

You're giving Pop a little too much credit there.

not possible. someone like Avery is a great on-the-court motivator, he knows how to push a team to perform to the highest of their individual abilities and his play making skills aren't in question to me, I know he's good... but Popovich is the Spurs. not a single pass, shot, or block happens on the court without him having a hand in it. he basically built the Spurs (around Duncan) himself, by hand, from the ground up, and they are his machine.

The organization of the Spurs is the best in the NBA, but the future of the Mavs is much brighter.

o rly?

two words:

Luis Scola.

recognized by most authorities as the most talented basketball player in the entire world not playing in the NBA. he's only 26 years old, not even in his prime yet, and his draft rights are owned by, you guessed it, the Spurs.

we could trade the guy and a couple others for a #1 pick in a couple years.

how about when Greg Oden comes out after (probably) his sophomore year? it would be like Duncan and Robinson all over again. and at the very worst, we end up just signing Scola to the team, move Ducan to center, and there ya go, the dynasty continues.

lol. spurs rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.