The Heaviest Fucking Metal Band

For me nowadays, its hard for me to say something is "heavy" - nothing jumps out at me as being heavy or brutal. I can obviously distinguish the heaviness between a Polish death metal band any generic metal band, but that overwheliming feeling I once had of knowing that music was just built to obliterate everything in its path including myself is long gone.

I think production values play a key part in this as well (at least in regards to the heaviness of an album). Polish death metal bands like Behemoth, Azarath etc are a good example of this.

But I hardly see how a band like Suffocation is heavy. No disrespect to the band, I just find them to be an absolute bore, especially the monotonous vocals.

For me nowadays, its hard for me to say something is "heavy" - nothing jumps out at me as being heavy or brutal. I can obviously distinguish the heaviness between a Polish death metal band any generic metal band, but that overwheliming feeling I once had of knowing that music was just built to obliterate everything in its path including myself is long gone.

I think production values play a key part in this as well (at least in regards to the heaviness of an album). Polish death metal bands like Behemoth, Azarath etc are a good example of this.

But I hardly see how a band like Suffocation is heavy. No disrespect to the band, I just find them to be an absolute bore, especially the monotonous vocals.

suffocation is absolutely cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuushing... LOL

are we talking about the same band here??

but I can definately see what you're talking about... after a while the extremeness (SP?) of the music tends to wear off. When I first heard behemoth, I considered them an almost inhumanly brutal band but nowadays listening to them is just normal, routine, everyday life

suffocation is absolutely cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuushing... LOL

are we talking about the same band here??

Yes we are, and quite honestly I find much of the NYDM scene including Suffocation to be absolutely boring. I find the music to be bland and uninteresting, and as I mentioned Frank's vocals are completely monotone, and lack any variety.

Its just my opinion, however I am liking the new Skinless album.

Yes we are, and quite honestly I find much of the NYDM scene including Suffocation to be absolutely boring. I find the music to be bland and uninteresting, and as I mentioned Frank's vocals are completely monotone, and lack any variety.

Its just my opinion, however I am liking the new Skinless album.

wow... I think frank is one of the best metal vocalists ever

but it's all good

but I can definately see what you're talking about... after a while the extremeness (SP?) of the music tends to wear off. When I first heard behemoth, I considered them an almost inhumanly brutal band but nowadays listening to them is just normal, routine, everyday life

Thats exactly what's happened, and regrettably so. I remember a few years back when I first got into extreme metal and heard Cradle of Filth, I thought they were damn heavy :lol: ...but today, the idea of that is just astonishing how I could have even thought something like that.

I saw Unholy Grave live. I'm wearing the tour shirt.

That was some insane shit. Heavier than anything mentioned on this page for sure. If I can find the video I took somewhere I'll put it up...

Thats exactly what's happened, and regrettably so. I remember a few years back when I first got into extreme metal and heard Cradle of Filth, I thought they were damn heavy :lol: ...but today, the idea of that is just astonishing how I could have even thought something like that.
Despite you being dead to me after insulting Suffocation, I agree with you here. I remember thinking Slayer was really heavy, and now Brodequin and Devourment are just normal. Also lyrics don't bother me at all anymore, but I used to get sick from reading Impaled lyrics.

I saw Unholy Grave live. I'm wearing the tour shirt.

That was some insane shit. Heavier than anything mentioned on this page for sure. If I can find the video I took somewhere I'll put it up...

Unholy Grave!

grindcore ftw!

Still, I don't see the point of a thread like this. There isn't one band that can be defined as "the heaviest fucking metal band" since its all a matter of opinion, a consideration given to the amount of bands that a person has listened to. Most of the bands listed in this thread I wouldn't say are heavy and can easily name bands that are heavier.

Still, I don't see the point of a thread like this. There isn't one band that can be defined as "the heaviest fucking metal band" since its all a matter of opinion, a consideration given to the amount of bands that a person has listened to. Most of the bands listed in this thread I wouldn't say are heavy and can easily name bands that are heavier.

if you think like this, then all music discussion is futile as it all based on opinion

i think most of us worked that out ages ago and stopped making hundreds of horrible posts on a terrible forum

this topic is even more worthless though because most people don't even have a vaguely similar conception of what the word heavy means in relation to music, it's all ridiculously arbitrary