The horror interview

Cortexon

Epic Member
Oct 30, 2004
You all already know this: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=36980

Now imagine how the coming interviews should NOT look like :D

1st Question: Are you still metal?
Akerfeldt: Yea, we're even more metal than before!

2nd Question: Do you like Nu Metal?
Akerfeldt: One of our favourite genres. Actually it has much more profundity than Progressive Death Metal.

3rd Question: Would you like to tour with Slipknot?
Akerfeldt: Thats my biggest desire! I always loved Slipknot, I'm a big fan of their brilliant music.

4th Question: How does the playlist of your forthcoming album look like?
Akerfeldt: We recorded 16 Songs with a total playtime of 32:20 minutes.

:loco: :D

Add your interview question and answers here.

(Remember, this is only a fun topic and is absolutely fictional)

Are people on this board stupid? You know you will be flamed to hell for this thread. Where do you come up with these ideas??!!!

Seriously, how do you guys think they will try to market Opeth? Will they really spend money on their promotion? Or will they be neglected?

I would find it rather amusing if Opeth were put on some kind of Roadrunner tour or something where they were playing alongside the likes of slipknot, soulfly, and coal chamber

yah man, i get the joke your going for...but you didn't elaborate enough...

2nd question: do you like numetal?

ma: ya know, its like with morningrise and orchid...when we did those albums, we realized that we were playing the same style of music as everyone else in sweden, and we got sick of it. i listen to some parts now and i can't stand it. bands like shuvel and flaw used to be really boring to me, but i realized now that their music is fresh in a very different way, and i think that some of those elements will be incorporated with what we do now on our next album. and maybe a shorter song or two. (laughs)

Laughing out LOUD! the best joke i've read in ages. kudos my man.

however, my dog didn't find it too funny after i read it to her
Emma%20is%20Angry.jpg

laughing out loud

Pseud0 said:
Seriously, how do you guys think they will try to market Opeth? Will they really spend money on their promotion? Or will they be neglected?

I would find it rather amusing if Opeth were put on some kind of Roadrunner tour or something where they were playing alongside the likes of slipknot, soulfly, and coal chamber

the funny thing about Opeth is theyre self promoting. Theyve never done a HUGE tour or anything really. Theyre not advertised everywhere. Theyre not huge scene bunnies who are always seen with other big bands in the media. Opeths entire deal is word of mouth, and letting the music speak for the hype. Theyve gotten quite big and known already for just being Opeth...which is pretty remarkable. And as much as everyone thinks Roadrunner will ruin Opeth, i think Opeths already self sustaining advertisement machine is one of the main draws for Roadrunner. They know they wont have to do a whole lot, and evryone will make money, and everyone will be happy.

Trey Parker said:
Akerfeldt - UNH! UNH! UNH! [teenage girls start to faint in his presence. Other try reach past the half-dozen security guards to try and at least get a touch of Akerfeldt] LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! UNH! NA NAA NA NAAA! NA NAA NA NAAA!
:lol:
Hey, you really can be funny at times.

How bout this one:

Brainless MTV girlie moderator: Mikael, so what's up next after this debut album of your band?
Akerfeldt: :err: