The Horror Movie thread

Seriously, dont bastardise this thread. Its practicy the only non bs thread here.

*takes off thread-policebadge*

Darkgift: Let me know if its worth watching.

I am too tired to go through 9 pages, but I just wanna say that horrormovies isn't what they used to be. However, the Japanese is really good at making them. The Ring (the original) is a great movie.

But I must say I enjoy horrorgames more. It feels like I am the character in some games. That's really scary! :')

What Dusty said. France has been making some great/crazy horror for about 10 years now. Japan also has a lot of great horror movies but in the past 5 or 6 years nothing worth mentioning that I can think of. Just like Italy was the place for horror during the early years the mantle seems to pass from country to country. Not sure why the crown circulates, maybe it's political shit and censorship laws.

Well.. I havn't seen any french horrormovies, so I can't say that I agree. Recommendations?

The sad thing about great japanese horrormovies is that Hollywood has to turn them into shit.. Like Ju-On (The Grudge) 1 & 2 and Ringu.

I totally disagree with you. The American Ring was way better than Ringu, imo. The closet scene was scarier (Japanese one just stops frame and cuts away) and the japanese version had straight up boring parts that didn't flow (The bailing out the well scene? That just drug on forever). It's mostly apples and oranges...I can see why some would like the subtleties of Ringu, but for me it's a vastly inferior film in almost every capacity. It obviously gets props for being the first one and I like the ending in Ringu better but that's it.

The rest I agree with. The Grudge was horrible compared to all of the ju-on variations.

But I must say I enjoy horrorgames more. It feels like I am the character in some games. That's really scary! :')

silent hill 2 & 3 <3

Well.. I havn't seen any french horrormovies, so I can't say that I agree. Recommendations?

martyrs

I totally disagree with you. The American Ring was way better than Ringu, imo. The closet scene was scarier (Japanese one just stops frame and cuts away) and the japanese version had straight up boring parts that didn't flow (The bailing out the well scene? That just drug on forever). It's mostly apples and oranges...I can see why some would like the subtleties of Ringu, but for me it's a vastly inferior film in almost every capacity. It obviously gets props for being the first one and I like the ending in Ringu better but that's it.

The rest I agree with. The Grudge was horrible compared to all of the ju-on variations.

i agree, the ring was alot better than ringu... didn't think anyone agreed with me about that :lol:

ju-on 2 sucked though

Oh yes, it has loads of boobs. :oops:
i bought the dvd directly from Tom Six a month ago. there were only two girls, and there were no boobs showing (they were wrapped in gauze the whole time pracitcally). after the initial shock value, it has a good story line. its easy to explain. its about an acclaimed scientist who has an obsession with conjoined twins. character reminescent of Josef Mengele, the angel of death. and the fact he was german and the character's first name is Josef only added to it. good storyline developed well, id recommend it for sure.

another good french film was high tension :), at least i really liked it

and i second martyrs, that movie was totally fucked up

i really want to see the human centipede, ive heard so much about it lately.

also, im glad this thread has remained largely untouched by spamming, i know im guilty too, but its nice to have a safe haven :)

^?

also, l'interieur is super fucked up! they convinced me on here to watch it, and damn, it was probably the sickest movie ive seen in a long time, and frightening, which i find rare

im gonna see the new resident evil, i bet its shitty but i want it to be good, i have fond memories of the games/first movie

resident evil apocalypse was probably the second worst movie of all time, incredibly shitty, right behind primeval (imo)

as Nikk said... Martyrs is a must! it's not just a psycho thriller like Inside and High Tension (both awesome films too, don't get me wrong) but it has also an understandable meaning, everything in that movie head towards the end, plus the twist it's not the typical cliche for it's the explanation of everything you were asking for at the point it comes... for french movies pick up Martyrs, easily my favourite... and for japanese movies Ichi The Killer must be the golden egg :)