The Horror Movie thread

anyone remembers the name of the movie this guys are from?

Untitled-2.jpg

ah, haven't watch that since i was a kid. I only remember the shrinking head.

i'm 5 minutes into the Carrie remake... and Carrie is pretty, slim body, and everyone is supportive of her. Whats the fucking point of a remake

I have not seen it, but so far it sounds like it completely defeats the purpose of the story. Yay Hollywood!

Old Boy remake was shite

It sounds like you should stop watching remakes, I know I did.

good to know, the original was amazing (forget, taiwan or korea.....either way loved the ending)

I know man I couldn't believe they were going to try to remake a movie like Oldboy. I know I tend to go against most remakes unless they are really good and justified, but Oldboy is an experience that could never succeed as a remake. Yeah Oldboy has tons of very old story elements lifted out of epic poems and tales but it is presented in a very unique and interesting way that makes it what it is. There is no point to remake Oldboy as another american "Oldboy", they would be better off using those same elements to craft their own American story. Why rip off the namesake and try to copy its success?

I really don't mind remakes, i did enjoy the new Evil Dead, The Thing, the Rob Zombie Halloween was neat, but it comes to a point where it becomes a waste of time, like Carrie, the remake didn't really add anything or removed anything... it was just pointless.

I watched Old Boy because i'm a great fan of Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Olsen (check out Silent House), but it was the same thing, even the long corridor fight scene was very badly done.

The Thing and Evil Dead are not really remakes though and I agree I enjpyed them both. I watch The Thing prequel and original back to back a lot. The original is one of my favourite horror movies

I feel like the Carrie remake was mostly pointless because the movie is purely build to one central moment. There is simply not much that could be done with it.