The Horror Movie thread

I saw a pretty fucked up flick the other night called Deadgirl.
It's about a couple of bored teenage boys who break into an old run down asylum and find (what they think is) a dead girl, tied down, and loosely wrapped in plastic. When they approach, though, she starts to move and breathe so naturally she can't be dead, right?

That's as far as I can go without ruining the movie.
It has some flaws, it's not a perfect movie. But it wins points for serious originality.

-D

I have had Drag Me To Hell on the harddrive like a week now, I have pretty high expectations on this one since its Raimi and i love the ED trilogy.
Im not that into horror right now so im waiting to get in the mood for it, I dont want to be disappointed. :dopey:

I just saw Lars von Triers Antichrist, kinda fucked up movie, but some really awesome scenery, almost like artwork here and there.
Anyone else seen it?

Im far from disappointed with Drag Me To Hell. It was pretty damn good!
I think Sam Raimi did an awesome job, alot of Evile Dead spirit going on there. :)

Now bring on the Evil Dead remake.

Drag Me to Hell should have been named "Nasty Stuff in my Mouth"

Didnt enjoy it much. :erk:

Still waiting for Paranormal Activity to play around here somewhere.

I just watched this movie last night on XboxLive. TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!
I swear, if some of the actors (i.e. Dee Wallace and Tom Noonan) weren't in it to give away the fact that it's a new movie, I would have been fooled that it was made in 1982. It's so retro and so perfect in that regard.

I should know...the late 70's and early 80's are my favorite era of horror movies and I watch them almost daily. I know how they are supposed to look and this movie has such insane attention to detail that it just blew my mind.

Definitely worth watching if you have any respect for early 80's horror.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvSkTDWFfk

I just watched this movie last night on XboxLive. TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!
I swear, if some of the actors (i.e. Dee Wallace and Tom Noonan) weren't in it to give away the fact that it's a new movie, I would have been fooled that it was made in 1982. It's so retro and so perfect in that regard.

Say no more, you got my attention with the retro comment. I love old horror movies to death. I'm gonna check it out sometime this week along with Paranormal Activity, people seem to be praising it a lot even though the premise sounds kinda regular.

I haven't seen a decent horror film in ages. In fact, I've seen so many bad ones lately that I've pretty much given up hope and lost interest.

Though I just saw the Woman In Black at the Fortune Theatre in London. Best horror I've ever seen!

The Rob Zombie version was just so different than the orignial. Michael Myers is slow and methodical, there's no life, no emotion in his murders. He completely changed that... he had him running and grunting as he stabbed people and it was just... not true to form.

Now, if you want in your face, full on brutality, you just cant win no matter what you do psycho murderer, watch Hatchet.

Last edited by a moderator: