The Horror Movie thread

Didn't know about the alternate endings...wish they had a different one for the US market. I guess I'll get suckered into seeing that Fourth Kind movie though...I like some of those realistic/fake movies, kinda unsettling at times and keeps you awake.

The 4th kind looks cool. I like it that it has "archive footage", whatever that means...I hope it means actual real footage and not "pretend real footage". Whatever it is, I hope it isn't like that White Noise movie with Michael Keaton which was terrible.

They've probably re-created the archive footage for the Fourth Kind. Looking forward to seeing it anyway.

Oh, er, and thanks for the spoiler warnings. Still three more weeks before I can see PA.

By the time the demon possession crawl around of Paranormal Activity happened, the movie had already nailed you right in the ass... so the lame didnt really matter...

Really looking forward to The Fourth Kind. Where the hell is the white owl at my window?

The 4th kind looks cool. I like it that it has "archive footage", whatever that means...I hope it means actual real footage and not "pretend real footage". Whatever it is, I hope it isn't like that White Noise movie with Michael Keaton which was terrible.
Just back from seeing it. Definitely "pretend real footage" though they don't admit to it. I found it really distracting.

It wan't bad, but probably not something I'd see again unless it was on tv.

I just saw "Drag me to hell". It was outright hilarious and the only scary scene where when they almost tricked Satan to possess a goat so they could decapitate him, but Satan got them all anyways so at least the movie ended well :)

Pulled it from the site :bah:

Finally saw it today. Read a lot of mixed reviews and wasn't sure what to expect (not much though after seeing that there were only three other people in the cinema, and one of them was with me). It was ok. I didn't feel ripped off, but definitely wasn't blown away. Er, maybe I thought it was a bit too safe. There were a few times I thought it was going to go in the direction of the Entity...

It was fun, but could've been improved with an exploding head or... something.

I just wish I'd grabbed some popcorn first :erk:

I just watched Pandorum tonight, and I must say it was a pretty cool movie. It kind of reminded me of Event Horizon with some homage to Alien in some parts, but I found it to be a better movie than Event Horizon (Then again I think Event Horizon is over-rated). I'd say it does have more emphasis on action than your standard trapped in a strange spaceship horror movie though. It's kind of weird that a movie like Pandorum could have such a large budget. It's definitely more B-flick territory but it's got some impressive production value, overall I'd recommend it. Anyone seen it already?

Edit : I'd also like to add that thinking back to the movie, there are some fucked up questions I have not figured out yet.

I just watched Pandorum tonight, and I must say it was a pretty cool movie. It kind of reminded me of Event Horizon with some homage to Alien in some parts, but I found it to be a better movie than Event Horizon (Then again I think Event Horizon is over-rated). I'd say it does have more emphasis on action than your standard trapped in a strange spaceship horror movie though. It's kind of weird that a movie like Pandorum could have such a large budget. It's definitely more B-flick territory but it's got some impressive production value, overall I'd recommend it. Anyone seen it already?

Edit : I'd also like to add that thinking back to the movie, there are some fucked up questions I have not figured out yet.

LIES! Event Horizon is awesome. ;)
That said, it's good to hear Pandorum is good...I had heard it was pretty bland. Looking forward to it hitting dvd soon.

-D