The Horror Movie thread

Seems like I'm on my own here but I thought Drag Me to Hell was pretty good, and I don't like the Hellraiser movies...

Anyways, the last good horror movie I saw was Dead Snow

Dead-Snow-DVD-Cover.aspx

Very entertaining

^haha that was a good movie, i didnt like the kid though :p, seems like he was trying to capitalise on the micheal cera persona

i saw the wolfman last night with anthony hopkins and benecio del toro

6/10, it was a horribly generic movie that they slapped the wolfman title onto, basicly it was an obvious story with a man who turned into a wolf, half hour into the movie i already had the ending figured out and what the last fight scenes were going to be

They remade a fucking ancient movie. Goddammit the first werewolf movie, how the FUCK wasnt it supposed to be generic?

I thought it was pretty entertaining honestly... and it was pretty cool to see a half wolf/half man kinda creature instead of the giant full blown steroid ripped giant wolf creatures of today's horror movies.

krow, i agree it was cool with the wolf, and i liked they tried to make it seem like the old style.

but...i put it into the same catagory as say GI Joe, its not really a GI Joe movie, its just a generic action movie with the charecter names and the Gi Joe symbol, really its just a movie about guys in super suits that wouldnt have sold well on its own

and jocke, Død Snø =best movie ever haha

Everyone who's seen Død Snø and enjoyed it should watch Severance too. They're quite similar, but Severance is about a bunch of coworkers who go to Eastern Europe and then end up getting chased by some angry people. T'is goooood.

Yes, yes it does. The guy that plays this Freddy said that his rendition of Freddy will not "make jokes" and willb e serious. Fuck that, talk aobut ruining the core of a great character. Freddy, not joking? Come on man, fuck I hate remakes!! GAAHH *throws computer monitor out window*

Yes, yes it does. The guy that plays this Freddy said that his rendition of Freddy will not "make jokes" and willb e serious. Fuck that, talk aobut ruining the core of a great character. Freddy, not joking? Come on man, fuck I hate remakes!! GAAHH *throws computer monitor out window*

I think this remake looks terrible, too. But the "core" of Freddy didn't start out making jokes. He got bastardized into that role with each sequel being more silly than the last, finally culminating on the ridiculous "Freddy's Dead"....

..."Now I'm playing with POWER!...Nice Graphics!"

While I find something to enjoy about all of the "middle movies", the last really "good" one was part 3 (if we discount New Nightmare, which is kind of it's own thing). After that, they just turned into comedies and I would have rather they didn't keep going down that road. The remake looks like they are essentially doing it almost shot-for-shot of the first movie when Freddy was still scary. And that being the case, there would be no joking around. So while I hate the idea of remakes that take all the famous scenes from the original, they aren't wrong in leaving the comedy out if that is the movie they are remaking.

Deadgirl was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. 100 minutes about guys raping a zombie in the basement of n abandoned hospital.

Deadgirl was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. 100 minutes about guys raping a zombie in the basement of n abandoned hospital.

I liked the movie for it's interesting commentary on teenagers. Acting was pretty bad in parts, but I felt like there would definitely be some outkast kids that would do such a thing. Also, I liked it that it was a zombie movie that never really called itself a zombie movie at all...they just kind of left that up in the air.

Zombie chick was actually a little creepy at first, I thought.

no shit :)
its a huge thing coming from someone who is the biggest coward in the world and cant watch a horror movie alone:lol:

I think this remake looks terrible, too. But the "core" of Freddy didn't start out making jokes. He got bastardized into that role with each sequel being more silly than the last, finally culminating on the ridiculous "Freddy's Dead"....

..."Now I'm playing with POWER!...Nice Graphics!"

While I find something to enjoy about all of the "middle movies", the last really "good" one was part 3 (if we discount New Nightmare, which is kind of it's own thing). After that, they just turned into comedies and I would have rather they didn't keep going down that road. The remake looks like they are essentially doing it almost shot-for-shot of the first movie when Freddy was still scary. And that being the case, there would be no joking around. So while I hate the idea of remakes that take all the famous scenes from the original, they aren't wrong in leaving the comedy out if that is the movie they are remaking.

I wasn't saying he should be ridiculous, but the thing that set Freddy apart from many other characters of the time was he had a sense of humor. I'm not saying he should be like he was in the later movies. Just seems to me like a big part of his character was his sadistic, black humor attitude.

I don't expect to him him come rolling out with a jack in the box or anything.

I liked the movie for it's interesting commentary on teenagers. Acting was pretty bad in parts, but I felt like there would definitely be some outkast kids that would do such a thing. Also, I liked it that it was a zombie movie that never really called itself a zombie movie at all...they just kind of left that up in the air.

Zombie chick was actually a little creepy at first, I thought.

She's dead maaaan....

There was barely a plot in the movie at all... it's like they had an idea and ran with it... but never really came up with anything else but still wanted to make a movie so they kept going back to zombie rape.

The acting was atrocious. :lol:

I honestly think the only horror movie I've seen worse than this one was a movie called Gorgasm. And that movie included a guy fucking a glazed donut then eating it. :erk: