The Horror Movie thread

just saw martyrs actually

i thought it was really good, best i've seen in a while.....without giving anything away id like to say i enjoyed the twists and the crazy last half hour of that movie

i might have to watch it again so i pick up everything

just saw feast - it was pretty bad, the demons were lame.......some of the gore was fucking cool though

halfway through inside.....its alright....pretty messed, that scene where the woman is in the same room as that pregnant woman and tried to cut out the baby........bone chilling

also saw city of the dead, it was incredibly bad.......but when he makes that chick spew out her own organs in the car........siiiiiiiiick

also dusty, went into the other hooror movie thread and looked at some of your reccomendations, loved some of those movies and had to start downloading the ones i havent seen! (never seen an argento movie..no joke) same with bastard son of god!

City of the Living Dead is Lucio Fulci...and with all of his movies you have to watch it with a certain respect for what he's trying to accomplish. He was a master of atmosphere and nightmare logic. I highly recommend checking out The Beyond and House by the Cemetery if you haven't already seen them. And then once you have done that, watch City of the Living Dead again. Other than the ending (which was terrible because they flat out ran out of money), it's one of my favorite movies. The gore, as you acknowledged, is gut-wrenching too. :)

Dario Argento is also a special director...watch everything he made in the 70s and 80s and you shouldn't be disappointed. Tenebrae and Suspiria are just fucking classic and should be in every horror fans collections.

Not really a horror film by any means, but i just remembered today how fucking grim the silverfang series were, i have no idea how i dared to watch them as a kid. Akakabuto still kinda gives me the creeps. :D

akakabuto014pu4.jpg

City of the Living Dead is Lucio Fulci...and with all of his movies you have to watch it with a certain respect for what he's trying to accomplish. He was a master of atmosphere and nightmare logic. I highly recommend checking out The Beyond and House by the Cemetery if you haven't already seen them. And then once you have done that, watch City of the Living Dead again. Other than the ending (which was terrible because they flat out ran out of money), it's one of my favorite movies. The gore, as you acknowledged, is gut-wrenching too. :)

Dario Argento is also a special director...watch everything he made in the 70s and 80s and you shouldn't be disappointed. Tenebrae and Suspiria are just fucking classic and should be in every horror fans collections.

ah ok cool, i actually have some of those on my "to see this week" list, thanks for the reccomendations. i would consider myself a big fan of horror movies, although im not at the level some of you are here. i've been on a movie binge lately :D

sorry to spam, but i just turn on american movie classic channel trying to find something to watch and what do i find

return of the motha-fuckin living dead :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

if they consider this classic, then my respect for them just went up and up :p

Irreversible is a messed up movie. First time I tried watching it I was stoned and ended up completely losing track of where the movie was headed, it didn't work so well. Second time it was okay though, but yeah it was definitely fucked up. Pretty brutal scenes in there too, never look at fire extinguishers the same:p