The Joey Haters Were Wrong. Eat Your Crow Here!

Haha. You know what, this really made me laugh. While all of you guys are sooo excited about the fact that Anthrax settled down on their last resort and jumping on their PR crap like "Joey has never sounded better" and "this time we really gave him freedom to sing his own ideas" - yeah, right - there's still those who actually remember everything thas has surrounded this band for years. You really think that Anthrax will outsell Lady Gaga ONLY because of their old singer back? It might (or might not, who the hell knows) take only a short time before Scott and Charlie convince their managers (and the reunions are ALWAYS the management issue - I mean, read the Mötley Crüe biography) that few hundred dollars more for each show is not worth being embarassed on stage every night, and the drama starts again. Maybe we will read the statement from Scott how much the vocals on Worship Music sucked in near future.
And for the record, I'm not a Joey hater - I just think he's not very good singer and that his vocals date the band. But I like all the records done with him. I listened to Persistence Of Time two days ago, Volume 8 right prior to that and State Of Euphoria the other day. It's all good. Thanks Heaven I'm not that closeminded like those who jack off in this thread.

Haha. You know what, this really made me laugh. While all of you guys are sooo excited about the fact that Anthrax settled down on their last resort and jumping on their PR crap like "Joey has never sounded better" and "this time we really gave him freedom to sing his own ideas" - yeah, right - there's still those who actually remember everything thas has surrounded this band for years. You really think that Anthrax will outsell Lady Gaga ONLY because of their old singer back? It might (or might not, who the hell knows) take only a short time before Scott and Charlie convince their managers (and the reunions are ALWAYS the management issue - I mean, read the Mötley Crüe biography) that few hundred dollars more for each show is not worth being embarassed on stage every night, and the drama starts again. Maybe we will read the statement from Scott how much the vocals on Worship Music sucked in near future.
And for the record, I'm not a Joey hater - I just think he's not very good singer and that his vocals date the band. But I like all the records done with him. I listened to Persistence Of Time two days ago, Volume 8 right prior to that and State Of Euphoria the other day. It's all good. Thanks Heaven I'm not that closeminded like those who jack off in this thread.

I don't get how Joey's vocals "date the band" considering there aren't many bands in rock/metal at all that have a voice like that anymore, unless you get into the Euro bands. If anything, Bush's voice is closer to a band like Nickelcrap than anything else. Everyone nowadays has some guy who's voice strains like they're taking a shit after eating a 5 lb steak. Joey's voice sets the band apart from the herd.

I doubt very much that they're going to sell in the millions, but if they can move 100k units or more that would be an incredible achievement in this day and age.

joey revived a dead band and that's what hurts most hahahaha

sorry bro, anthrax is BACK!:fu:

I don't get how Joey's vocals "date the band" considering there aren't many bands in rock/metal at all that have a voice like that anymore, unless you get into the Euro bands. If anything, Bush's voice is closer to a band like Nickelcrap than anything else. Everyone nowadays has some guy who's voice strains like they're taking a shit after eating a 5 lb steak. Joey's voice sets the band apart from the herd.

I doubt very much that they're going to sell in the millions, but if they can move 100k units or more that would be an incredible achievement in this day and age.

I don't get that either. Regarding the new album, there's nothing "dated" about Joey's wide vocal range. Now I'm even more confused as to why they ever switched singers after listening to the album in its entirety.

They won't sell that many albums. It will sell more than the past 3 Bushthrax albums im sure but this day in age selling millions of albums is nearly impossible.

Bush certainly doesn't make anything sound more 'modern'. He too is from the 80's generation. Armored Saint are anything but modern.

Johnnie is still upset that his Sonisphere was ruined because Joey was on vocals instead of John Bush and I don't think he'll ever let that one go :D

Hopefully the next album is even more 'dated' and will be full on thrash like a lot of the modern trash bands today

No offense to Johnnie but dude you sound really snotty making statements that Joey is not a good 'singer'. The guy has an amazing singing voice, one of the best in all of rock/metal. You might not like his style. But his voice is incredible. His 'singing' voice is 100 times better than John Bush's. I'd love to hear John Bush sing Rush, Journey, Ronnie J. Dio, and then go sing the entire Antrhrax collection and sound amazing doing all of it. It won't happen. Joey has proven to have the ability to adapt to any style of music and that is something that John Bush could never in a million years do.

Would love to hear John Bush attempt this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joey's voice sound like The Darkness singer voice!

Joey = Justin Hawkins of The Darkness?

Come on...Joey never sang in falsetto!! Justin did in 99% of the songs..

Try again!!

and damm it..i tried my best to avoid this thread..but heck..now i'm in it too.

DAMM YOU!! DAMM YOU WHO EVER STARTED THIS THREAD STRAIGHT TO HELL!!

Unless Lady Gaga did an appearance on the new Anthrax CD..haha

Joey has always been the real singer for Anthrax btw. Ive been an Anthrax fan since 1986 why the heck would I favor Bush over Joey. Bush was good but not better then Joey

..and we'll get a new name for the project like GAGANTHRAX...

Remember all the -THRAX inspired names back then?? heh heh...