The Knowing

The Melancholy Spirit said:
If The Knowing is even half as good as that one then I will be happy.
Well...then I am sure you will be MORE than happy :Spin:

I love the knowing. And To welcome the fade too. Can't really choose between the two of them. Too bad I can't get Amid it's hallowed mirth or Of sculptured Ivy and stone flowers here :( Guess I'll have to order them on the net or something.

The Knowing is awesome and Welcome to the Fade is good too. What are thier other first two like? I might be interesting in getting them

Only release I have left to get now is "For Every Leaf That Falls", well also "Amid It's Hallowed Mirth" but thats the original one on Avantgarde Records, I've got the re-release on Dark Symphonies

I love The Knowing :worship:

Very good Idea to post those mp3's on your website.......It made me buy The Knowing.....Now I'm looking for the other albums....I can't wait for the DVD :D

Yeah, he has everything. I will hit him up for the demos this week, and I'll hook ya up.
I just recently made myself a swell Chicago cd consisting of Maimed (91 demo), Contagion (Seclusion demo), Agnosia (Ad Nauseum demo), and Sindrome (Halls of Extermination demo). It's fuckin grand!

Usurper Dan said:
Yeah, he has everything. I will hit him up for the demos this week, and I'll hook ya up.
I just recently made myself a swell Chicago cd consisting of Maimed (91 demo), Contagion (Seclusion demo), Agnosia (Ad Nauseum demo), and Sindrome (Halls of Extermination demo). It's fuckin grand!

I would love all of that except the Sindrome. About a year ago I bought a Sindrome CD with both demos on it. Someone pro pressed it up and everything. I bought it from Relapse at the time. Shawn Glass called them for a copy, and they made him buy it. hahah!

I have those demos all on tape, but the quality now sucks. I do have the second Contagion demo, and a good copy of the Dead Serenade demo I'm going to put on CD.

Chicago had some great bands in the day.

I also heard Napalm Deaths version of Devastation's "Devastation" today. I was not impressed.

Oh I'd love to have the Maimed and Contagion demos on cd!! Two of my favorites of all time. I still have my Contagion "Seclusion" black and white jersey (though, um, it doesn't quite fit anymore, heh *looks at gut*). Both of those bands were fucking great in the day, it's really too bad that they never got farther along.

I'd like to get all three Contagion demos on cd someday, I still have them all on tape, as well as the Funereal stuff. I never got the Agnosia demo damn it, I'd love that as well.

Speaking of Chicago demos, I saw an auction online the other day that had a bunch of tapes including the first Dead Serenade tape and the Experiment demo (Mark Pietrowski and John Almonte's old band)! I recently found some old Dead Serenade rehearsal tapes that I'd forgotten about, that had songs that we never properly recorded in a studio. It was quite a trip hearing those again.

For those who don't know, and if anyone cares, the Devastation band being referred to here is the classic Chicago band, not the Texas thrash band. Chicago Devastation still rules!

I really wish I could find my DEAD FETUS demo tape. Those guys were beyond sick in that Autopsy/really drunk/not in tune kinda way.
And I can hook you up with the Maimed/Agnosia stuff Larry.