The "Last Night Fuckin Rocked and/or Sweet, I'm going to the Show!" thread.

well then on to PLAN B

To see if i can get Johan and his boys to trade a song on the setlist for 1000 years. preferably Fate of Norns or Asator.

Maybe if i bribe Johan with beer maybe just maybe i can acchieve my goal. :)

just a couple pics, too lazy to crop the rest of em
good show! got a guitar pick from Olavi too :)
AA2.jpg

AA1.jpg

We are 25 to go to the show at Montreal. We are going to put one letter each on our chest to write amon amarth and some of us will have some vicking helmet. Of course we will be drunk. So if you want to trash like a fuckin vincking just join us during the show. I'm going to give amon amart a quebec flag also. On é prêt a rocker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWSOME FUCKING SHOW! my neack is still killing me, i left early from the cob set cause well i dont really like them too much anymore and it got anoying but went to the smoking section then went to the stand and MET JOHAN FUCKNG HEGG! got autographs took pictures it was awsome!

1000 years of oppresion was terrific, thank you AMON AMARTH!

what was the setlist?

Valhalla awaits me
Runs to my memmory
Death in Fire
Fate of Norns
1000 years of oppresion
asator
cry of the black birds
ancient sighn of a comming storm
Prusit of vikings

sorry i spelled some wrong, and for ancient sighn i dont remember if it was b4 or after cry of the black birds, but that 100% was the songs they played:kickass:

Awesome show, I've been listening to AA since Once Sent came out and this was my first time seeing them. I'm glad that they played a lot of stuff from the new album....it all sounded great live. It kind of sucks that they were rushed off the stage, well...it really sucks, they should have AT LEAST co-headlined with Bodom. Only complaint aside from the length of the set is no Victorious March, but despite that...just phenomenal, one of the best bands I have ever seen live.

I even got to meet Johan H, haha. Really nice guy.

Anyways, here's a few pix to contribute from the show:
(I really didn't like Gojira at all, and we left shortly after AA, so no pics from Gojira or CoB)

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

AHAH Johan is so nice with his horn!! is it a cup or a blowing horn? !!! anyway! i want one!!

and i really like the first pic of the thread!
cant wait for 18th

shit, this was an awesome show. soooooo fucking glad they played "Thousand Years of Oppression," probably my all-time favorite song of theirs. interesting though, it wasn't on the actual printed setlist they were using that night, so i wonder if it was a last-minute decision.

did anyone else go to the signing they did at Blue Meannie Records yesterday afternoon?

Yeah, the show kicked major ass. The moment AA came on and started playing, the crowd just started surging towards the stage and going nuts. After the set was over, waited out in the lobby, and a while later Johan Hegg came out and got to meet him and get autographs and a picture. Despite the fact that he looks very intimidating, Johan has got to be one of the nicest guys around. Didn't see any of the other members, unless they came out after I split. The only sucky part about the event was that I wanted to get the t-shirt with the big Thor's hammer on it, and the bastard in front of me got the last one. I mentioned it to Johan, and he apologized and said something about them having problems with whoever it is that's resposible for getting the t-shirts to them for the shows. The only other major downside was that the show wasn't longer. Like everyone was asking, why ARE they opening for Bodom, and when are they going to headline? Can't fucking wait for them to come back again. Anyways, I'd upload some of the pics I took, but I seem to not be allowed to upload for some reason. Do have to say thanks again to Golden Hall for taking the pic of me & Johan (Dude flew in from N. California to see the show. Glad to see he made it home okay) :kickass:

Fucking great! I met Johan at Deny's and he's an awesome guy! Here's the set list...

Vahall Awaits
Runes To My Memory
Death In Fire
1000 Years of Oppression
Asastor
Fate of Norns
Cry of the Blackbirds
Ancient Sign of the Coming Storm
Pursuit of the Vikings

During "Fate of Norns" Johan's mic got all fucked up and it didn't work so for a good minute the crowd was signign along. It was amazing!

My dad, who took me, is a pretty smart man. He said that he thought AA should've headlined the tour instead of Bodom and that he enjoyed AA's set. This is coming from a man who doesn't listen to metal at all, which obviously says something.