The Member's Art Thread

hmmmm, i think critisim is good, but i think what FullBleed is getting at is that some of the critiques on here do not go past "i don't like that," and i'm sure that FullBleed feels that if you don't like something, then explain what it is that you don't like about it in detail and don't just leave it at "i dont like it". I hope im not misunderstanding what FullBleed is trying to say. But I also think this would be helpful to all the artists here, new and old, because if you can't explain what it is that you don't like (or do like) then there is nothing to be learned or gained. Also if there is anything about a piece that you do like explain what it is also.

Everyone in this thread is an artist, though some may still be trying to learn the trade, they are still an artist regardless. I doubt anyone here created a masterpiece on their first attempt at art. Hell...if my first few pics in this thread were still hosted, you would all laugh at how pathetic they are, haha
But really, all im trying to say is that it doesnt help bashing someone's work if it isnt up to par with everyone elses or something. An artist can only get better, not worst. And criticism is one way of them learning on how to improve what they do.

qliphotic-1.jpg

This is a picture of me i put on the cover of a card i made for my girlfriend. I tried to keep it simple and not make it too weird

Well i can thank nature for the nice colors, haha. It is actually two pictures combined. The bottom was a very nice sunset i took from my backyard and the top portion is a picture of this amazing storm cloud that opened up. I had to change the color of the top pic because, since it was a storm cloud, it was rather greenish greyish.

And remember, any comments are welcomed :)

wingnut4 said:
hahahahahaha

yes those artists are excellent and very talented, i agree, and yeh so what alot of my work isnt as good as theres i know that, but im still trying and i think i have advanced since i started this sort of work, oh and also about cold dark nord, one piece of work 3 people including sigma i think said about the text on something, and he changed it due to our opinions (nothing to u darknord,lol) and maybe he seen different himself, people dont see things until its pointed out to them. How do you think other artists like travis etc got to where they are now? they got there by starting somewhere, and thats what im doing, and i quite like and am proud of some of my work. So whilst you are critizing me about my opinion about peoples work, you are just being fuckin hypercritical... and yes I AM AN ARTIST, I create cd artwork for bands, and many other things, so YES I AM AN ARTIST, i may not be as good as most people on the forum but everyone starts out somewhere, so Mr. 4 posts, dont be such a critical dickhead who hasnt even showed us your work, Sorry to the other guys here, your work is amazing but just cause mine isnt as good doesnt mean im shit or that i cant get better, which is what mr. 4 posts is trying to say....

anyways i may get back to creating some shitty artwork ,hahahahahahaha

Never did I once mention your name in my post. You just happen to be the person to respond the original e-mail, and get into this conversation with me. I never called your work "shitty", and I never said you were not an artist. I simply stated that SOME people here love to have opinions and "tips" for artists, who know nothing of the craft. You jumped in, and assumed I was speaking of you. Why is that? You either have a problem with your own work, and assume others feel the same way, or you're making a judgement call based on a post I made about art. I'm sorry if you felt the need to defend yourself, when all I was trying to do, was get people some constructive comments. If you don't like something, thats fine, but If you choose to comment, at least add something that may possibly help the artist. In his eyes, it may be perfect, and no comments will change his mind, BUT you may see something he didn't, and could change the entire piece based upon constructive comments.

Rex said:
hmmmm, i think critisim is good, but i think what FullBleed is getting at is that some of the critiques on here do not go past "i don't like that," and i'm sure that FullBleed feels that if you don't like something, then explain what it is that you don't like about it in detail and don't just leave it at "i dont like it". I hope im not misunderstanding what FullBleed is trying to say. But I also think this would be helpful to all the artists here, new and old, because if you can't explain what it is that you don't like (or do like) then there is nothing to be learned or gained. Also if there is anything about a piece that you do like explain what it is also.

Rex, you nailed it on the head.

wingnut4 said:
Hey, Heres some new ones im doing for a band called escape, but i do need to fix things and put the proper lyrics etc on them,

http://cdartwork4.tripod.com/frontcover34.jpg
http://cdartwork4.tripod.com/inside.jpg
http://cdartwork4.tripod.com/inside3.jpg

and another thing i just did for the sake of it,lol

http://cdartwork4.tripod.com/megrave.jpg

These three pieces are excellent. Very well done. I like the color choice, and blending the background with the band photo worked very well. (See, and you thought I didn't like you!)

oh and sigma, i really like those things i did but its not my the sorta thing i personally like, like id prefer katatonia last fair deal gone down, cause its a photograph manipluated...but in a great way...if u get me