the mood thread

my dying groom said:
Indeed, thou shalt never be forgiven.
I shall roam amid the eternal hills of silent damnation and weep unto the barking moon of endless sorrow while shadows of solemn furor are buried deep inside my yearning soul :cry:

I never expected you to do otherwise.

barking moon, ffs

Btw, to alleviate the pain a bit (I know complete remedy is out of the question) I suggest a name change into "my flying broom", in today's reconfiguration of the division of household labour, it has less female overtones (perhaps, though I might be wrong).

Maqus said:
Btw, to alleviate the pain a bit (I know complete remedy is out of the question) I suggest a name change into "my flying broom", in today's reconfiguration of the division of household labour, it has less female overtones (perhaps, though I might be wrong).
:D

Thanks, I think I'll rather stick to it, I don't feel ugly enough to be associated with an old hag. And I'm not very industrious, to say the least.

Come on, even Harry Potter has a flying broom, plus "I don't feel ugly enough" is not a valid point of argument here.

And old hags are not always bad hags, I can stand up for that. :D

I despise Harry Potter, the only good thing about this hype is that people remembered that reading a book now and then will do you no harm.

You're right, not every hag is bad, but most of them are grumpy, and I'm always light-hearted :)

my dying groom said:
I despise Harry Potter, the only good thing about this hype is that people remembered that reading a book now and then will do you no harm.
muggles :rolleyes:

finished reading the fifth book yesterday, not because of the hype, but because i couldn't stop after reading the other ones (and it gets scaaaaarrrrryyyy)

old hags old hags... i think there'll just always be book readers and non book readers, youth these days isn't really worse than our tv generation

what's wrong with the text editor anyway :err:

Oh well, I couldn't read on after the first pages :yuk:

youth these days isn't really worse than our tv generation
No, they only have more choices how to kill their spare time. That's why I think it's good that there are still popular books around.

I saw only the films, and I liked them, especially the third one, it was scary in a spooky-good way. And yeah, at least kids read something.

Do you think reading makes people better morally or personally? I mean this question seriously, think about it, reading in itself, not compared to tv or movies or whatever.

Maqus said:
Do you think reading makes people better morally or personally? I mean this question seriously, think about it, reading in itself, not compared to tv or movies or whatever.
Hmm... although my father has never read a book in his whole life (apart from instruction manuals and such), I'd never call him morally or personally inferior to anyone. Nothing equals experience, a book can only convey concepts and perceptions derivated from lifes of others. Perhaps reading books is just an optional thing to add more depth and facets to insights already gained through living your very own life. Not surprisingly, the most rewarding reads are those which you can relate to best or which increase your knowledge about something.

Things like my civilian service surely made me improve morally and personally, but reading a book can be leisure and/or labour. I wouldn't call people who only indulge in sophisticated stuff personally superior, for example. The main point is to let your brain work once in a while.

I got a ring from a student, and it's supposed to change colour according to my mood, for example, when it's blue I'm "very happy". During the last few hours I've been in and out of normal, relaxed, calm, passionate, romantic and very happy moods :D

Feeling exhausted and tired. Spent endless hours in the lab today, but in the end, my analysis went wrong anyway. :Smug:
Complained about an assistant who likes to look down on the students (girls in particular) and works against them, instead of giving advice and help. A fellow student and I were locked out on the balcony by him the other day. Pure chicanery. I wish more students had the guts to open their mouths and complain, but the vast majority are cowards who prefer to accept maltreatment instead of claiming their right to be treated respectfully.
Nothing's ever gonna change if people always keep their mouths shut. Cowards. Argh! :yell:
What a day. :Smug: