my saturday morning thread

Good stuff! I don't know how I managed to not go insane at the gym before I got my ipod, that techno work out music they play is fucking bullshit! My gym even put it all on CD and sold it to people! WTF?! Wankers.

What annoys me about the gym is they have one of the tv's playing Channel V (I think) and the sound is piped through a few speakers around the place. They play the same songs EVERY FUCKING MORNING. I can set my watch to the new Christina Aguilera song

i don't understand.. I'm still doing physical exercise. but instead of looking at the crosstrainer display screen for the whole time I'm on it, I'm looking at the TV, which is way more amusing...
Of course, I still look at the screen - to see how many calories I burned hehe.

Nah like seriously, if you can actually pay attention to the storyline of a movie or something i dont think you're exercising hard enough. If all u wanna do is walk, then fine. But when i run i push myself to the point where ur just to tired to focus on anything but not letting ur body give up. I guess its just the way i do things. If i do something its with 100% effort. Like when i go for a jog, i try do it as fast as i can, i dont pace myself.

Training partner ftw. Fuck Ipods and TVs get a buddy that you can train with. You will push each other and get more out of your time at the gym and you'll also not be bored cause you're there with someone. Win win.

Eh I prefer to train alone (I think over alot of things in my head at the gym). Cept in the sack of course, where Pyro is my training partner. ;)

Ipods suck. Plenty of better cheaper options out there...

Please let me know what other option there is for $479 that gives me an 80Gb Mp3 player which also does video?

No matter how much you don't like apple, the unfortunate truth is Ipods are the cheapest.

The only things that really compete are the Irivers which are like, half the size and more expensive? Creatives options are pretty limited these days too.

Please let me know what other option there is for $479 that gives me an 80Gb Mp3 player which also does video?

The 'lite' versions (mini, nano) are still rip-offs but I have to admit the standard iPods are getting better - in functionality and value - each time I look into them. The only thing that really shits me still is needing to install iTunes to transfer files (still the case?). If they fix that... I'm sold.

No matter how much you don't like apple, the unfortunate truth is Ipods are the cheapest.

The only things that really compete are the Irivers which are like, half the size and more expensive? Creatives options are pretty limited these days too.

Exactly!!!! I don't get why so many people are against ipods, they are the most practical and reliable mp3 player on the market, and ahh hello! Theyre made by Apple.. need I say more? It's Apple. They know they're shit, they use logic in their manufacturing, so anyone that thinks ipod are shit.. clearly is a PC user.

The 'lite' versions (mini, nano) are still rip-offs but I have to admit the standard iPods are getting better - in functionality and value - each time I look into them. The only thing that really shits me still is needing to install iTunes to transfer files (still the case?). If they fix that... I'm sold.

If Itunes annoys you that much, you can install RockBox On it and not only does it Add Ogg, Flac and a few other media supports it also turns it into a simple drag/drop device that shows up on your PC :)

There are also those plugins you mentioned, Winamps support sucks, There is a media player plugin that is decent and a few other programs that work. Haven't used that Vpod app myself so i can't comment. Personally i use Itunes and don't have any issues with it, but i know others who have.

If Itunes annoys you that much, you can install RockBox On it
Holy shit... that looks potentially awesome :D
Have you used it yourself? Pros/cons vs the standard iPod firmware (other than things like EQ and multiple format support... mostly thinking of major issues)? Does it handle the clickwheel interface alright?

I haven't got it on my IPod atm because it only support the latest generation recently. My Mate has been using it for well over a year now and he loves it, i will probably start using it soon because i want to play FLAC on my Ipod as i rip all my CDS to FLAC cause the quality is awesome.

I've played with it on my mates, the default skin is ugly as and my mate is lazy to change it but theres a whole bunch of skins out there to make it look better. That was my only complaint, but i'm sure if i used it for a while and got used to it along with putting a decent skin on i would be fine :)

That would be my main non-technical concern... one thing the iPod actually does well is the "Now playing" screen. Simple, clean, informative... my entire collection is MP3 so the extra formats are of no real interest. The iTunes independance and expandability would be the big selling points for me, but if it looks like shit when I'm actually playing songs... "bah-bow!"

One thing the iPod needs is more buttons :D

well i'm all geared up for the big run

i just had a big bowl of spaghetti bolognase (lots of protein + carbs for energy)
my knee is kinda fucked but i'm hoping it's alright tomorrow morning
i'm going to catch the 6:15 train in and i guess i'll try and post instantly when i get back, so i know exactly how long it took!