my saturday morning thread

I'm definitely investing in one of those when I'm back home. Not sure where I'm going to fit it though...

i would recommend AGAINST getting a treadmill for home
once you get one in your home you'll soon realise that staring at the same patch of wall (or even TV, DVD, whatever) is boring beyond belief. plus you won't be feeling like signing back up at the gym cause you spent $1000+ on a treadmill at home already!

i used to use my housemate's treadmill during magpie season and it drove me insane with boredom. i went through every DVD in the house in about 2 weeks.

remember, the only thing that catches more dust than a treadmill is...2 treadmills? hah i dunno, the joke kinda died before it finished :(

also nicole: my knees are pretty screwed too, so i got myself a knee brace. seems to have fixed them enough that i dont actually need it every time. you've probably already thought of that, but just in case...

yes I have haha.. T'was a teenage habit that i couldn't get rid of easily.

Turner, I'm not convinced. If i had one at home, I would use it for 30 minutes everyday. I can do it while watching Deal or No deal or some other shitty afternoon show hehe. something to do while Shane's playing guitar.

also nicole: my knees are pretty screwed too, so i got myself a knee brace. seems to have fixed them enough that i dont actually need it every time. you've probably already thought of that, but just in case...

Brace hey? As in one of those thermal fabric ones? Visiting the physio has been on my list of things to do for months, except he is in North Sydney and thats now not convinent for me, not working at Optus anymore and all, plus the staff are stupid and have no idea when he is/isn't there so it's usually a swing and a miss and a waste of my time. But alas uni holidays! I'll go see him and probably get a brace and hopefully get back into it, jogging around my area was awesome, I know my way around from Edgecliffe, Tempe, Enmore to out Hurlstone Park way from all the times I got lost and ended up running for another hour haha.

yep those are the ones i mean

also the physiotherapist is a waste of time & money. charlatans all!
we have a decent library of physio reference/textbooks at work - i can have the damaged (not resellable, otherwise fine) ones for free so i'll send something your way. they're meant for practitioners, but they usually have diagrams outlining all the exercises and it's not like reading another language. i had a sore wrist the other week so grabbed a book and did a few bendy things it recommended - it went pop once or twice then felt tons better!

Yeah this guy is in my gym so he's free haha. I couldn't afford one other than that.
Thanks man! :) Sounds good.

I tried talking Jess into using this at the gym but she's sticking with the treadmill despite it taking a toll on her joints. Mind you, I'm not even sure if she'll be tall enough for the crosstrainer haha

Hahahaha yeah it'd probably be a good idea, you don't even need proper running shoes for the crosstrainer, which is where people who use treadmills sometimes go wrong.. there is a reason they are called running shoes haha.

Less than a week now and I'm back at the gym :). Which is very much needed right now!! haha

i always get chili on my bondi burgers
the one time i didnt i could barely taste it
andy doesn't though - chili hurts his vagina :D