The most disappointing albums of 2007 so far.

Ajattara - Kalmanto

None of their albums have great except for Itse but they haven't been terrible until this one. They just tried too damn hard to be creative with this one... le sigh....

Some of my disappointments:

Peste Noire - some good material found on the new album, but overall wasn't impressive. I did have high expectations though, but overall the album is still pretty good compared to what's out there but disappointing in regards to Peste Noire.

Behemoth - a total example of mediocrity. I don't understand the praise this album has been getting, it falls flat in comparison to Demigod.

Graveworm - not that I had high expectations, rather I was expecting this to be a relatively poor release given how Graveworm used to be a pretty good band but in recent years have released some mediocre stuff and this is just another example.

There are some others but this is what I can think of.

Deathspell Omega.

In my top 5 for the year. I don't know why you see differently.

I tend not to buy many disappointments, but I suppose these couple albums went below my expectations:

Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao
Naglfar - Harvest

I'm still having trouble getting into the new Mayhem. That production is just such a turn-off for me. The Naglfar is very enjoyable, but it's no improvement over their previous release, and both are inferior to the Ryden-era albums.

Naglfar should always be below someone's expectations.

I have Pariah and find it boring.

All their albums before that are more interesting. Check out Diabolical. I've got Vittra coming in the mail probably next week, and I anticipate it to be well worth my money.

The Apostasy is good, but it doesn't surpass Demigod.

I haven't decided which is better. I currently hold both in high esteem. I tend to think of The Apostasy as being more varied and experimental, which works to its advantage, while Demigod has very well-written songs, although more similar to each other.

I actually prefer Zos Kia Cultus to Demigod. There were some damn interesting parts in Demigod, but also some annoying ones. Cultus seems to flow better from start to end. Plus, the opening track is fucking awesome.

I'm not sure what it was, but DevilDriver's new album never got me the same way as the first two.

The first two just grabbed me by the balls and said "LISTEN TO ME!". I mean, the first song on their first album just dives straight into it, blaring riffs and growling vocals.

The Last Kind Words didn't do that for me.