The most disappointing albums of 2007 so far.

Matt, I didn't know that about Kenose...hm.

Yeah, you may have misinterpreted something. The band said that Kenose was simply an appendix to the trilogy and that FAS is the second album in the trifecta. However, I still see a smooth segue between the three (SMRC-K-FAS).

Hatesphere - Serpent Eyes and Killer Smiles
I was highly disappointed by this album. Surely doesnt have that in your face asskickery like The Sickness Within had. Im sure there's more but thats all I've got right now.

Manowar, Gods of War... Utter shit, so full of filler, with only about 20 minutes of seriously poor metal tunes. All they have done since 1996's awesome Louder Than Hell is put out tons of shit live albums and dvds and 1 mediocre album. Shame.

Louder Than Hell was crap aswell. Warriors Of The World had 2 or 3 good songs. Gods Of War has only one good track, which is 'Sleipnir'

I was dissapointed by Dimmu's new album, Hellhammers drumming is plenty fast, but just unneccesary. He triggers his entire kit versus just his bass drums so the drums on "In sorte" sound like the drum machine used on a rap album. Plus after track 2 it just gets gayer and gayer.

Meh, even though Deathspell Omega's new album is a bit disappointing, I easily prefer it over the new WITTR.
Heh, I was wondering when I was going to get flamed for this. But honestly, None of the two really cptivate me. Been a pretty bland year for BM anyway. I don't get the hypr for the new Mayhem. Production is horrid and songwriting is good but not great.

"The most disappointing albums of 2007 so far."

meh.... how about everything i've heard? except DSO and LA.

thanks god I haven't heard every albums this year :p I have high hopes for the next Lurker of Chalice and Axis of Perdition, wich should be both released around november.

thanks god I haven't heard every albums this year :p I have high hopes for the next Lurker of Chalice and Axis of Perdition, wich should be both released around november.
Unless you have some inside info, I wouldn't count on LoC this year. Wrest has been less than dependable lately. Last November I was hearing that the new Leviathan would be out by spring/summer, and the Nachtmystium/Leviathan split would be out by April or May. The Nachtmystium half has been done for several months, and apparently Wrest is really dragging. If LoC is indeed just one of the rumored unreleased, but earlier recorded albums, then we might be in luck, but I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'd be surprised if anything from Wrest surfaced before 2008, which is very odd considering his track record of productivity. It's actually a bit concerning.

I want to take back my earlier statements about The Last Kind Words.

The more I listen to it, the more it's growing on me.

I was dissapointed by Dimmu's new album, Hellhammers drumming is plenty fast, but just unneccesary. He triggers his entire kit versus just his bass drums so the drums on "In sorte" sound like the drum machine used on a rap album. Plus after track 2 it just gets gayer and gayer.
I have to agree. I forgot about that album, Dimmu has been on a slump ever since "Deathcult".

Good call on the Megadeth.

The second Allen*Lande album, Revenge, was a bit of a let down. SOlid but not as inspired as the first.

Masterplan: MK II - no passion or fire.

Cage: Hell Destroyer. Music & vocals are top notch but I really didn't care for listening to a Left Behind pastiche.

Kamelot: Ghost Opera. Didn't stick.

UDO: Mastercutor - generic and not particularly catchy.

Master: well I did speak with Blake from Natchmystium since he's going to release LoC's next album on his label and he told me that the album is a new album and it's also recorded, the only remaining things is the artwork, which always cause delays.... he said this autumn/winter for the release date.

He also told me that their won't be any other full-lenght for Leviathan yet....the only "material" from Leviathan not released yet is the split with Natchmystium.... so Massive Conspiracy Against All Life might just be a rumor by Moribund Records.