The most disappointing albums of 2007 so far.

Framing Armageddon -Iced Earth.. but I'm stupid for not expecting it to be disappointingly egregious.

I still don't know how I feel about this one. Considering That Glorious Burden was fairly lackluster and how Owens completely butchered the redone version of the Something Wicked trilogy on the single that came out a few months ago, it's a definite improvement. Ripper's a great singer and I think John Schaffer still has some juice left in him riff-wise. If they just tweaked things between the two of them a little more they could come up with something fantastic.

They haven't sucked, they just took it down a notch in terms of quality. They are still by far the best Gothenburg band making music today.

I still don't know how I feel about this one. Considering That Glorious Burden was fairly lackluster and how Owens completely butchered the redone version of the Something Wicked trilogy on the single that came out a few months ago, it's a definite improvement. Ripper's a great singer and I think John Schaffer still has some juice left in him riff-wise. If they just tweaked things between the two of them a little more they could come up with something fantastic.
I just can't seem to get into Owens' voice. After being used to Barlow for how many years, then hearing Owens'.. meh. In some of the songs, they have this nice groove going, but Owens always kills it for me.

I just can't seem to get into Owens' voice. After being used to Barlow for how many years, then hearing Owens'.. meh. In some of the songs, they have this nice groove going, but Owens always kills it for me.

Well, as long as Owens is on the mic, they'll never put out anything similar to the Barlow era simply because they're styles are quite different. That doesn't mean they can't create anything good, it's just up to Schaffer and company to adapt the music to work with Owen's best assets, which is what they haven't always accomplished since he joined. One thing I really don't like about Owens, though, is his performance on ballads and mellower tunes, something that Barlow was always good at, and I can see that being a significant liability for the band in the future.

Well, as long as Owens is on the mic, they'll never put out anything similar to the Barlow era simply because they're styles are quite different. That doesn't mean they can't create anything good, it's just up to Schaffer and company to adapt the music to work with Owen's best assets, which is what they haven't always accomplished since he joined. One thing I really don't like about Owens, though, is his performance on ballads and mellower tunes, something that Barlow was always good at, and I can see that being a significant liability for the band in the future.
My thoughts exactly

Well put