The most terrifying and/or abysmally depressing songs

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
I'm working on a new Passion Immortal compilation, and i'm looking to amass some new material, so i'd be thankful if you guys could reccomend me some music. I'm looking for stuff that is just dark dark DARK, stuff with the potential to terrify you, and stuff that can completely change your mood and bring you right down. I don't necessarily mean "sad" depressing, but moreso the stuff that makes you feel completely lifeless.

So yeah, any help would be awesome, thanks!

Its kinda chliched a bit. but i regard some of Burzum to be rather Dark, im not sure would actually terrify anyone though

Blinded By Blood said:
Deleted Scenes from the Transition Hospital by The Axis of Perdition

Well i read some reviews on this, some utterly praising it, some completely trashing it. I took your advice though and i bought it along with the previous EP just now for the hell of it. I better be scared:p

Thanks for the other recs guys, i'll be getting around to them asap.

I would've gone with The Ichneumon Method by Axis of Perdition if you wanted to scare the absolute piss out of somebody...but the other stuff is pretty good

'Hours' off of Lengsel's Solace is pretty freaking disturbing - it literally sounds like hell

There's a song from the 1930's called Gloomy Sunday.

The song is so depressing, it's rumored to be the cause of several suicides and has actually been banned from the radio in 15 countries by governments because of its supposed suicidal influence.

It was originally written as an instrumental by Rezso Seress in 1931 and was given English lyrics in 1936 by Sam Lewis. Hal Kemp originally recorded it, then Billie Holiday made it a best-selling hit.

Incidentally, Rezso Seress, and the woman he wrote the song for, eventually killed himself.

sumairetsu said:
There's a song from the 1930's called Gloomy Sunday.

The song is so depressing, it's rumored to be the cause of several suicides and has actually been banned from the radio in 15 countries by governments because of its supposed suicidal influence.

It was originally written as an instrumental by Rezso Seress in 1931 and was given English lyrics in 1936 by Sam Lewis. Hal Kemp originally recorded it, then Billie Holiday made it a best-selling hit.

Incidentally, Rezso Seress, and the woman he wrote the song for, eventually killed himself.

I really want to hear that.. Have you?

It took the night to believe by Sunn0))) is creepy to me at times.

Sadness Will Prevail by Today is the Day makes me feel...well, kinda "dead". Makes me get all...thoughtful and stuff, and I guess maybe "depressed" too (whatever the hell that means nowandays).

Probably wouldn't be too much of a widespread feeling though...eh, I tried. :)