The movie thread

Stealer of Dreams said:
I doubt I'm going to see The Passion. I'm not giving that sick fuck any money to make pointlessly violent and anti-Semitic movies. Maybe I'll rent it.

The Ring sucked. Ooooh, a little girl is coming out of a tv. I'm so fucking scared. Even worse was Darkness Falls. I can believe I payed 4 dollars to sit through that crap.

Aaah !..you didnt see the Jap. version ???
it's much better than the American remake....
btw...thats something different: Japanese things that are remaked in the uSa..funny world we live in...

i took the time to finish watching ravenous last night since everyone said how good it was (i had turned it off cuz i thought it was gettin slow and boring... but right after where i turned it off was where it picked up =\) and it turned out to be a pretty kick ass movie. just wish it showed a bit more of the eating of the flesh and stuff. also made me think that jesus was a cannibal. cuz that guy was all religous and stuff. and kinda makes me believe a thought process i been having recently.... which i guess ill share to see wut other ppl think of it.... (everyone gonna think im crazy.... or stupid, and its gonna turn the thread into a big religous debate but whatever)
as of recently i have to believe that its quite possible that "Jesus" was in fact tied in with satan (either being satan or a apprentice or some shit). everyones thinking "stfu and go away you idiot" but you gotta think of this thought process. its said that satan will come in ANY form or something to misdirect and kill or some shit like that (dont know exactly how it goes, never read bible or any of that shit. but i know they say satan will come in any form to decieve) and he figured if he were to pose as the son of god that it would start all out destruction upon all the world for centruies to come like a bunch of wars started cuz of religion and all that shit. and all the stuff like believe in jesus or die blah blah blah. and all this people who are praising jesus and the "lord" are in fact worshiping satan and dont even know it. and perhaps those who accused jesus of sorcery and blasphemy w/e and nailed him to the cross were in fact right.
but then again. what do i know. i dont know all the stories and shit and im not a religous person but its just something i been thinking of the past couple weeks. so its food for thought i spose. this is another thread all together but fuck it. (everyone thinks im nuts..... probably.... =\

The Matrix ( even though the last 2 made me think less of the first one)
Dumb and Dumber

some ones that people may not have heard of that are good...

Frailty (serious), Almost Heroes (comedy, has Chris Farley!)

worst movie of all time : Dogma (yea theres a couple parts of the movie that are funny, but i hate the insular religious viewpoints expressed by the movie)

and yea, that last comment is going to make you hit the reply button im guessing (i hope at least, i love controversy! Muahahah)

Belgar said:
huh aren't those movies rated R? what were you doing in there if you are under 16? damn youth I swear ... I should go watch the passion, and it is not anti semitic, jews like to think the whole world is against them so I will let them rant at the movie. The more they whine and cry the more people will end up seeing the movie just because of a supposed "shock value". They are only hurting themselves.
You know Belgar, they DO tend to see Antisemiticm everywhere. Just like black ppl (no offence anyone) would say "It's because I'm black".
It happens to all etnical and other minorities - they seek discriminational motives.
But thats not the point.
I don't think the intention in that movie was to show hypocrisy of jews or christians or whatever, but hypocrisy of human nature. Regardless of other aspects.

mekane said:
The Matrix (even though the last 2 made me think less of the first one)
Dumb and Dumber

some ones that people may not have heard of that are good...

Frailty (serious), Almost Heroes (comedy, has Chris Farley!)

worst movie of all time : Dogma (yea theres a couple parts of the movie that are funny, but i hate the insular religious viewpoints expressed by the movie)...
Which ones if you're on to it? I find in these religious remarks just an alternative point of view. But perhaps you got offended?

Beorn of MythOdeviL said:
You know Belgar, they DO tend to see Antisemiticm everywhere. Just like black ppl (no offence anyone) would say "It's because I'm black".
It happens to all etnical and other minorities - they seek discriminational motives.
But thats not the point.
I don't think the intention in that movie was to show hypocrisy of jews or christians or whatever, but hypocrisy of human nature. Regardless of other aspects.QUOTE]
No, wait. The point, the reason why certain opinions came from that movie is that in the last part, by the Golgotha during the crucifixion, was a scene (censored now) where there is one of the disciples of Jesus-a converted jew- cursing for eternity the jew race. People judging the movie got mad at that but aint nothing invented to offend those people, is something that you can read by the religious christian texts and they are centuries old. When the vicessitude of jesus happened, jews were not a minority, man, if you have read some historical religious book, I can understand about complaining for the nowadays stuff but definately I dont agree if there are people who try to bury things that are carved in the history pages. Oh yes, jews got always hated by people and I dont think is right but how many races are now extinted or left to live in a semi life? I dont remember that movies showing americans killing people in Vietnam or indians got censored or menaced to not get in the cinemas by the way...

Existenz
Gattaca
Dawn of the Dead
Requiem for a dream
Lost Highway
Natural Born Killers
Fear and loathing in las vegas
Freddy Got Fingered
Dark City
Die hard 3
Beverly Hills Cop 3
Terminator 2
Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood
Stand by me
The Shawshank Redemption
Battle Royal
Braindead
Bad Taste
Evil dead 3
The city of the lost children
The Game
Meet the feebles
Leaving las Vegas
Pulp Fiction
The Goonies
Beetlejuice
The 13th Warrior
Vanilla Sky
The Big Lebowski NOW THIS MOVIE KILLS!
Half Baked
GUMMO!!!
OLD SCHOOL
solaris
nirvana
donnie darko
the prophecy 2
escape form alcatraz
pappilon
predator
the running man
the last samurai
TROY WILL BE FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

CyR1c said:
Aaah !..you didnt see the Jap. version ???
it's much better than the American remake....
btw...thats something different: Japanese things that are remaked in the uSa..funny world we live in...

I did see Ringu, and in my opinion, it was worse. At least The Ring had some funky visuals.

PaganBlood said:

I saw that about a week ago.... it was pretty good, until the ending. These people were terrorizing him for weeks and he just attempted suicide, but he's suddenly happy and thinks it was a great joke? Bullshit. He'd be killing every single person involved in the thing.

saw face/off last night for the first time. had it brand new for liek 10 years and never opened it or watched it. always meant to though, just never got to it. well anyway i thought it was realy neat and worth watchin.

just saw Slingblade two nights ago. Good fucking movie... I reckon. Ok I wont do that again... but yeah I suggest all see it, though BEWARE you may fall asleep. I hate The Ring. heh heh the movie "The Vikings" was on this morning. I got a kick outta that.
Has anyone her seen "Citizen X" its about a Russian serial killer... he had the highest kill count out of any serial killer ever. like 52 confirmed or something. i heard it was awesome but I need another POV.

burning creation said:
just saw Slingblade two nights ago. Good fucking movie... I reckon. Ok I wont do that again... but yeah I suggest all see it, though BEWARE you may fall asleep. I hate The Ring. heh heh the movie "The Vikings" was on this morning. I got a kick outta that.
Has anyone her seen "Citizen X" its about a Russian serial killer... he had the highest kill count out of any serial killer ever. like 52 confirmed or something. i heard it was awesome but I need another POV.

52.......that's it? Stalin killed 20,000,000.50

I downloaded "The passion of the christ".
It was so fucking boring.
The only good scenes was the whiping and the crucifiction.
And since when is Satan a chick :yell:??

Fucking oath, Ravenous is bad ass..for sure...some other killer movies, for me personally, are:
Terror Firmer
Meet the Parents
Deranged
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
American Pie (Stiffler, fucking oath)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Top Of The Food Chain
Heat
From Dusk Till Dawn
Texas Blood Money
Evil Dead
Zombie Flesh Eaters
The Beyond
The Exorcist
City of the Living Dead
Amytiville

etc. etc.

TB666 said:
I downloaded "The passion of the christ".
It was so fucking boring.
The only good scenes was the whiping and the crucifiction.
And since when is Satan a chick :yell:??

Satan= whatever it wants to be.

actually, in my personal experience....women are more evil than satan could ever hope to be.