The name "Opeth" and racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadful said:
I view most people equally as the human race...and if the majority of people of african descent happen to piss me off...then so be it.
That is what a lot of people forget. Why hate EVERY jew, just because a lot of them is acting strange in Palestina or whatever it's named.

Neil-o-Mac said:
Yes, Mike and/or Peter are racists. So racist that they have two Hispanic guys in the band. :p

They're so racist that before the martins came along, their drummer was black.

Man, I can completely see the racist side.

SHIT THREAD

Well, the "Swastika" was a symbol adopted by the Nazis for their mission when it symbolized strength and vitality in many civilizations over thousands of years.

I'm Hindu and it's a very prevalent symbol, meaning life, among other things.

Point of my post:

This is a bullshit thread. And I don't care for "FYI, your band has a racist name". I don't give a fuck.

the only manner in which Opeth are racist is the fact that they kick the shit out of almost any rapper in the recording industry (musically, that is)

which leads me to my next point: somewhere on Orchid there are some beats that really could be mixed with some hip-hop and create a bitchin dance mix... (im not sure what parts, i was pretty stoned)

and for the people who are about to flame me for giving hip-hop some respect, listen to Talib Kwalye (sp) ... dat fool can spit some wicked lyrics

sknight said:
Well, the "Swastika" was a symbol adopted by the Nazis for their mission when it symbolized strength and vitality in many civilizations over thousands of years.

I'm Hindu and it's a very prevalent symbol, meaning life, among other things.

Point of my post:

This is a bullshit thread. And I don't care for "FYI, your band has a racist name". I don't give a fuck.
didnt the nazis reverse the original symbol before adopting it as their own?

López was born en Sweden, then he moved to Uruguay at the age of 4 I think, he met Méndez at the age of 13-15 I think and they started a band called Requiem Aeternam (don't know the exactly date). Then López moved back to Sweden to play with 'you-know-who', and then he joined 'you know who'.
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Luz said:
López was born en Sweden, then he moved to Uruguay at the age of 4 I think, he met Méndez at the age of 13-15 I think and they started a band called Requiem Aeternam (don't know the exactly date). Then López moved back to Sweden to play with 'you-know-who', and then he joined 'you know who'.
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-
this sounds like pretty definitive evidence, Luz. I think. ;)

sknight said:
It strikes me that this thread is off topic, as is almost every thread here. There is little content for someone like myself that's new and trying to understand more of what Opeth is about.
I like dry humping.

Actually, that Metalheads Against Racism linked opened a can of worms for me, so I feel pretty stupid right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.