The NBA thread

A Magic-Lakers rematch would be good, however I want it Suns-Celtics for my favorite team in the west vs my favorite team in the east.

The CLE crash could happen again and we see this before.

Glad The C's won yesterday...:kickass:

I just want the Lakers to lose. I'm still not quite ready to say the Celtics will beat Cleveland and I don't think they could beat Orlando. But hey if they keep playing like they did yesterday then who knows.

I'm not quite ready either. First shutdown QJames...if so fine. But then they also need to clamp down defensively on the Cavs mediocre players and fuckin rebound. If the Celts fall asleep (wich they have already done) and don't do as mentioned..series is up for grabs.

Well, that was rather easy...nice win CELTS!
QJames was pretty much disinterested the whole game...what a joke.

LeBron is so overhyped. Im sorry but Kobe is a WAY better player, and it's because of his attitude.

The sooner we see CLE out of the postseason the better...

I honestly think LeBron is doing crappy on purpose. He has a chance to leave us and experience something new with a different team, why not take it easy? It's not like that offer will disappear if he does crappy, he has nothing to prove. He has proved that years ago. They have to win Thursday to stay in and I highly doubt they wll. They disappointed me and many others last night.

Thank God QJames and the Cavs are out.

Before you become a real King (James) you actually have to conquer? I believe in order for a team (Cavs) to be this overhyped and considered a favorite to win...said team actually needs to win something first (a title maybe)? I like how they again just quit at the end of game...what a joke. Now all we are going to hear is where will Lebron be playing next year?...over and over.

The Celts may or may not win the title this year. But they sure showed the Cavs what its like to play as a team and how real champs play...it starts with defense first.

The Celts may or may not win the title this year. But they sure showed the Cavs what its like to play as a team and how real champs play...it starts with defense first.

Great call there. That's really why in my opinion, Bryant remains the king today, not LeBron. LeBron really is a one man show, and personally I just find he's a scoring machine and that's all. Quite a one dimensional player. And one player alone isn't going win a title.

I think here in Ohio, half the state just began hating him after last night. LeBron is going to leave Ohio and I know it. And I do think you are absolutely right Hubster. Everything is put on him and it's not like a team, it is only him. Everytime I turned on basketball, it was always "LeBron James and the Cavaliers" and not just "The Cavaliers". Oh, well, it is no disappointment to me. All our teams suck.

Don't get me wrong. James is an extremely talented athelete.

I think his physical talents are not what gets him down. I think it's maturity, it's his mindset. He does not have the fire that Kobe Bryant has, that Michael Jordan has, that Magic Johnson had, that Larry Bird had, that Kareem had.

Until James adjusts his mindset, and steps up psychologically, I think he will continue to choke in the postseason. It won't matter what team he's on, what supporting cast he has. He himself will continue to choke.

Can you seem him taking Jordan's place in the flu game? No. Can you see him playing through seasons of pain like Bryant does? No. He is not obsessed enough with winning. He should have gone to college and honed his basketball mind more imo. That is where the failure lies. Physical talent is not enough to win a championship, and definitely not enough to create a dynasty.

The only thing I see LeBron James doing is going to a different team in a few months and that is about it. I don't think people here in Ohio will care too much about basketball once he is gone. I am still getting a Cavs shirt. I mean, I personally don't like LeBron but I do like the rest of the Cavaliers. LeBron and Shaq are the two players I do not respect on that team. It still feels weird to see Shaq with us.