The NBA thread

Oh maaaaaaaaan. This is what I was aching for, and it's happening! Boston and LA. Yeah! :kickass:

Thing is though... I love both teams. I want LA to win, if only for Kobe redemption, but I also want Boston to win because KG deserves another ring!

Bring on Thursday!

Can't wait for it to come.

I want to see how Kobe does against great defensive team like the Celtics.

Boston-LA matchups are classic. Wish I was alive in the 80's so I can see thoses great Magic-Bird games.

^ Those games were fantastic. The original Boston Garden was really special. I love that they kept the feeling with the new TD Garden.

I want a 7 game series. Tense, stressy, physical, a calculated half court series with breaks of running.

I want Bryant to OWN Boston with his shooting and intelligence.

I want KG to own the paint and outplay Gasol (as much as I love Gasol).

I want Fish to intimidate Rondo.

I want Perkins to quietly outplay Bynum (sorry, but Bynum is a big fucking GIRL and Perkins should be an All-Star).

A dunk off between Shannon Brown and Tony Allen needs to happen!

... and the list goes on...

^ Those games were fantastic. The original Boston Garden was really special.

:kickass:
The Celtic championship teams of the 80's are of course considered and recognized as the greatest ever in NBA history. The Laker teams of that time were right there as well. It was a thrill to witness first-hand those teams and matchups. Bird and Magic Johnson, like no others
had the star power...the major impact on the league and equal leadership / determination to lead thier teams to titles.

GO CELTICS!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ysIS4G8OQ&feature=PlayList&p=EC2F070023A1AAFD&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=9[/ame]

I have to say Bulls. Not just because of Michael, but because of the same reason the Celtics of today, for example, beat the Cavs: TEAM effort. The 96 Bulls were the best Chiacago team ever, each member was at their peak with the individual talents, hence 72-10. And by 86, Larry's back was already killing him, and Parish was in decline. Also, I believe Ainge's best shooting years were yet to come.

Celtics convincingly over Bulls.

Simply, the NBA in the end is a star league. And if you have atleast 2-star players you have a chance to win the title. Jordan and Pippen were amazing together but the Celtics had three amazing HOF's in Bird, Parrish and Mchale. BTW who the hell on that Bulls team would stop Mchale?... (can't forget him) one of the greatest low post players ever. The Celtics were use to going up against and had many greater player / team rivals than the Bulls...made the C's even more seasoned / stronger. And The Celtics had great depth as well and would go right at and bang the crap out of star-players. That is if we are allowing actual hard-fouls unlike todays modern NBA?...were you can't breathe on a star player.

I do agree that a team like the bad boy Pistons or 90's Knicks would be playing in today game. This 08-10 Celtics is showing lot of similer things that made thoses teams great. Also I send you a PM muzmaze.

Some good intense moments and action so far in the series but its somewhat being overshadowed imo. To me, the refs...all the baffling calls and such are making these games and this series painfully hard to watch at times.

Game 5- wow...the Celtics defense was as good as it gets...incredible. As was the in-bounds play (the truth to rondo) with 38.9 to play that led to a Celtic basket.