The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

NP: Novembre - Novembrine Waltz

One of, if not the most underrated band of all time, IMO. Everything they do musically takes you to another place filled with melancholy yet seemingly with a ray of hope.

NP: Novembre - Novembrine Waltz

One of, if not the most underrated band of all time, IMO. Everything they do musically takes you to another place filled with melancholy yet seemingly with a ray of hope.

i'm not so much into the genre they do, but i have seen them live and they are a very intense experience!
when i went to see them i was with my best friend, who is a fan of them, and above all a great fan of poisonblack which played there the same night.
the headliner was lacuna coil :yuk:
we stayed inside the venue till poisonblack's concert and then went outside to smoke and wait for them to come out the venue.
we were tired and bored to death. and even if we tried to escape lacuna coil we had to listen to whole concert from the outside.
novembre were outside too, talking and drinking. then the bassist came to us and asked a cigarette and started to talk with us (they are italian like me) and told us they got lost in the city, exactly like us, because we had downloaded the same wrong travel instructions from the same site (something like google maps) so we started to laugh because it was funny....then the whole group came to have a talk, and we spent all the remaining time of lacuna's show speaking outside the venue, protesting against lacuna coil :lol:
in the end one of the guys asked me what the hell was doing there because i was wearing a morbid angel t-shirt and looked like a fish outside water. in fact i was....i was there only because my best friend.
they are very nice and friendly guys, we had a great time! :headbang:

i'm not so much into the genre they do, but i have seen them live and they are a very intense experience!
when i went to see them i was with my best friend, who is a fan of them, and above all a great fan of poisonblack which played there the same night.
the headliner was lacuna coil :yuk:
we stayed inside the venue till poisonblack's concert and then went outside to smoke and wait for them to come out the venue.
we were tired and bored to death. and even if we tried to escape lacuna coil we had to listen to whole concert from the outside.
novembre were outside too, talking and drinking. then the bassist came to us and asked a cigarette and started to talk with us (they are italian like me) and told us they got lost in the city, exactly like us, because we had downloaded the same wrong travel instructions from the same site (something like google maps) so we started to laugh because it was funny....then the whole group came to have a talk, and we spent all the remaining time of lacuna's show speaking outside the venue, protesting against lacuna coil :lol:
in the end one of the guys asked me what the hell was doing there because i was wearing a morbid angel t-shirt and looked like a fish outside water. in fact i was....i was there only because my best friend.
they are very nice and friendly guys, we had a great time! :headbang:

First of all, thank you so very much for sharing that awesome story of meeting Novembre. That must have been quite an experience; especially the coincidence with the wrong map directions. haha. Ok, that makes is two bands you have seen that I am completely in love with. First it was the almighty Agalloch and now Novembre. I can't begin to tell you how much I envy you for those experiences. lol. I seriously haven't gotten a chance to see a band that makes me totally melt; well besides Cynic and when Opeth played stuff from My Arms, Your Hearse. But other than that, just been good bands...but not epic ones a la Vintersorg. :worship:

First of all, thank you so very much for sharing that awesome story of meeting Novembre. That must have been quite an experience; especially the coincidence with the wrong map directions. haha. Ok, that makes is two bands you have seen that I am completely in love with. First it was the almighty Agalloch and now Novembre. I can't begin to tell you how much I envy you for those experiences. lol. I seriously haven't gotten a chance to see a band that makes me totally melt; well besides Cynic and when Opeth played stuff from My Arms, Your Hearse. But other than that, just been good bands...but not epic ones a la Vintersorg. :worship:

it was weird because the bands i usually see are not italian, so i usually don't speak with them with a such ease. but this time was different and we had the opportunity to speak widely and without problems....it was all so natural and friendly...a very nice experience :lol:
i must have a photo somewhere on myspace...quite old, i think it was 3 or 4 years ago.
i've found it...
l_cb588b6a96174ec94bcb9371524af995.jpg

now you're hating me soo much...i know :lol::lol::lol:
i think i should not post the photo with haughm :lol:

Agalloch - She Painted Fire Across The Skyline

Heard about this band for a long time, but never actually sat down and listened. It's quite good, but I only have Pale Folklore. Now I know there's some big fanboys of Agalloch here, so I want to know where I should go from here. Which are their best albums and such...

Agalloch - She Painted Fire Across The Skyline

Heard about this band for a long time, but never actually sat down and listened. It's quite good, but I only have Pale Folklore. Now I know there's some big fanboys of Agalloch here, so I want to know where I should go from here. Which are their best albums and such...

as the agalloch addicted i am, i can only recommend you all the 3 albums, they are all masterpieces in their own way!
also the eps are really beautiful....i really cannot choose which album is their best.
i can only advise you to listen them in the right order (pale folklore, the mantle, ashes) to see the progression. ashes is a little more mature, but they are all on such high level....i mean, not that they are montrous musicians, but it's what they are able to share, give and communicate which is really special to me.

i was forgetting...
give the time to the albums to grow into you...it will take a little time and many listening, but believe me, you will never get tired of agalloch!
it will become a sort of addiction... :)
i've meet sooooo many people "addicted to agalloch addiction" :lol:

i was forgetting...
give the time to the albums to grow into you...it will take a little time and many listening, but believe me, you will never get tired of agalloch!
it will become a sort of addiction... :)
i've meet sooooo many people "addicted to agalloch addiction" :lol:

Hehe, will do. Thanks for the tips! :) Hopefully, I'll be addicted as well :p

Agalloch's live gig last year in march was the second best metal concert in my entire life (only topped by Arcturus). It was really magical and mind-blowing experience!! :eek: Here's The Lodge Dismantled i filmed during the gig...

it was truly brilliant performance! Although to be honest, now it went down to the third personal best metal gig ever, after it has been topped by Opeth 2 days ago... :oops::worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agalloch's live gig last year in march was the second best metal concert in my entire life (only topped by Arcturus). It was really magical and mind-blowing experience!! :eek: Here's The Lodge Dismantled i filmed during the gig...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKTIVuyXmQo

it was truly brilliant performance! Although to be honest, now it went down to the third personal best metal gig ever, after it has been topped by Opeth 2 days ago... :oops::worship:

we are going OT as always :lol:
should we open a "top three/five gigs" thread? :p