The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Arcturus - Deamonpainter (live at Inferno 2005). Seems to be that SS was not released yet and some of the vocal lines are really weird :rofl:

^ :worship: I love the build-up in that track.

Lights Out Asia - Sigil
Garmonia (2003)

Beautiful electro/ambient with triphop-like beats.

What do you think of it?

hate to admit it but the only Immortal album i'd heard before was I - Between Two Worlds... :oops: which i really loved. So i kinda don't know their old epic stuff (only the vids :p ) and cannot compare... So with that in mind, i really like All Shall Fall so far! dunno yet which track i like most as this is the 2nd time i'm listening to it. And you?

Borknagar - The Inner Ocean Hypotesis

What do you think of it?

I've heard it like 6-7 times and I think it's boring, sadly. Good production, some good riffs here and there but boring as a whole. There's no really outstanding songs as I can hear on it, no one that could be considered a classic with time nor a track that deseves to be a live staple. Norden on Fire sounds like a ATHOW leftover and tries to be really epic but for me it doesn't work too well; Arctic Swarm seems to be best track, it has the black metal agression and some good dynamics, but for me sounds like a song that could be included on any album since Blizzard Beast, without being really noticeable. I didn't like it much also for the thrash/black'n roll influences that sometimes emerge.

My fav Immortal albums are Pure Holocaust, At the Heart of Winter and Battles in the North. SOND have some really good songs on it too. It was a really good way to end their legacy (on those times). My lil' review most be read with that in mind.

hate to admit it but the only Immortal album i'd heard before was I - Between Two Worlds... :oops: which i really loved. So i kinda don't know their old epic stuff (only the vids :p ) and cannot compare... So with that in mind, i really like All Shall Fall so far! dunno yet which track i like most as this is the 2nd time i'm listening to it. And you?

I didn't get it. I'm broke, so I pretty much only listen to new music that I get as promo for my review site. :)

Right now I'm listening to the Wardruna show from Incubate Festival on Youtube. Holy hell, I wish I was at those shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
242124.jpg