The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Hypocrisy // A Taste Of Extreme Divinity - Weed Out the Weak

Peter just did it again. I'm totally satisfied with the album. It's not really brutal, but it has a lot of moshpit material and some quite technical stuff, specially on the guitars.

He chose a more melodic approach and it works perfectly. I would say this album was made for headbanging. Another really good thing it's that all the songs are different from each other and some of them evokes different Hypocrisy eras, like The Quest/The Final Chapter (a truly epic track btw), as well the band shows some new things.

Great! I was helping Wardruna building op the stage, looks nice right? :)

And! I did made Gaahl laughing that day! Twice!

Hehe, yeah it's a nice stage.

I talked to Gaahl after their performance in Oslo, he seems like a really nice guy, even though he looks scary as a motherfucker.

Dark Tranquillity: Broken (Sentenced cover).

Actually better than the original :headbang: .

I wouldn't go that far. It is an awesome cover but I still prefer the Sentenced version. However this is coming from a HUGE fan of Sentenced so that might sway my decision a little.

191953.jpg

Scar Symmetry // Dark Matter Dimensions // A Parenthesis in Eternity

So these guys kicked out their old vocalist and I think it was actually really good for them. The two new guys that they have singing are fucking fantastic. Actually their clean vocalist sounds like Ville from Sentenced a bit. I really didn't like their last album, but this one is totally solid, even if some of the melodies are too sickly sweet to bare at times.

the first time it left me a little bit shocked.
but now i love it :)

ohmy, you keep surprising me - it seems you feel the same way like me about soooo many things!
Anyway, i was kinda shocked myself! It sounds so... uhm... unVintersorgish !:rolleyes: After only 1 listen, i can say: i didn't expect there would be something created by mr.V what i wouldn't like... and yet, here it is :rolleyes: Even Waterclime, which is to-tal-ly not kind of music i would usually listen to - i liked all non-sweet tracks of the both albums after the 1st listen, and some of the sweet tracks after the second :D
But Havayoth is really not my cup of tea... i wonder how many listens it would take me to at least appreciate it

ohmy, you keep surprising me - it seems you feel the same way like me about soooo many things!
Anyway, i was kinda shocked myself! It sounds so... uhm... unVintersorgish !:rolleyes: After only 1 listen, i can say: i didn't expect there would be something created by mr.V what i wouldn't like... and yet, here it is :rolleyes: Even Waterclime, which is to-tal-ly not kind of music i would usually listen to - i liked all non-sweet tracks of the both albums after the 1st listen, and some of the sweet tracks after the second :D
But Havayoth is really not my cup of tea... i wonder how many listens it would take me to at least appreciate it

eheheh :oops:
the first impression for that album was: what the fuck?
like you say, it's really different from vintersorg' style. and at the beginning i didn't like so much how his voice matched with the dark sound of the album. but the more i listened to the album the better it went, i got used to this new sound (this not exactly the kind of music i usually listen) and i began to love it. there are some song which i totally love like wounds, mirrors or burn.
the thing that always surprises me is how good are all those works in which andreas is involved, i mean, i never tought i would have liked waterclime but i do. it also impressed me how he did change his style of singing in those 2 albums.

and now i'm going to say something really stupid :lol::lol::lol:
i have the impression that andreas has always something like a chewing gum in his mouth when he sings :lol::lol::lol: in havayoth more than usual :lol::lol::lol:
am i the only one?

i have the impression that andreas has always something like a chewing gum in his mouth when he sings :lol::lol::lol: in havayoth more than usual :lol::lol::lol:
am i the only one?

.....I can't believe I just put on the Havayoth album trying to find out wtf you are talking about.

the thing that always surprises me is how good are all those works in which andreas is involved, i mean, i never tought i would have liked waterclime but i do. it also impressed me how he did change his style of singing in those 2 albums.

i like Waterclime! I never would have thought i'd like such music, but he somehow does it right!

am i the only one?

hmm, maybe only when he sings with that low voice. He doesn't talk with such low voice, rather with the higher pitched one, at least that's what i heard at the concert... So i think it's not his true voice. So maybe it's because the low voice is kinda forced that you think it sounds like he has something in his mouth? :lol: dunno, i don't really hear that :p