the new build - videoclip

Nt3N

Dark Tranquillity Italia
Jan 3, 2005
Mestre (Venice)
www.darkillity.net
hi all!

i just watched the "the new build" clip (found a rip around on the net)... what a video! extremely dark, gloomy, involving.. good images, very funny backstage shots mixed with the live ones.. i really enjoyed it!

i gotta watch it again!

byeZ :D

Looks like a rip from ZTV or something. The bandname was misspelt with just one l.

I should add that it's a totally rocking video.

Why isn't this available for download on the DT website? :confused:

I can't find it anywhere, and would be suprised to see it on tv here(party because I rarely watch tv, otherwise because Canada's weekly half hour of metal has not really been playing metal until very recently). I will be keeping my eye on the playlists.

Caotico said:
Anyone seen it on TV yet?

Nope, there's not enough metal shows on TV in this country (actually, in my city there's just one TV program which plays metal videos, and isn't good enough) and almost all the videos they use to play are about 1 year ago at least.

Could you recommend us a site to watch it?

Nt3N said:
[edit] well.. personally i luckily found it on the dc file-sharing system.. if anyone needs it, the ffull filename is: dark_tranquillity-the_new_build-svcd-2005-mva.mpg

Do you think it would be illegal to host it on your website ?

Nice video. Good synching/camerawork with the guitars and Mikael's vocals as well of course.

@Angelbreeze: There's no such word as "tyring"

the only metal show we have on tv here suck really bad, a long time ago they used to pass all kinda cool stuff, but then now its only new metal like linkin park or stuff like that... so i don't watch it anymore! :yuk:

Killermik said:
Do you think it would be illegal to host it on your website ?
yes! i already contacted century media some time ago to ask if i could host all the video-rips... they told me it's illegal.. it's also illegal to host *their own* videos (the ones u find on the official cm website).. the only thing they let me do was direct-link the video streams on their website... so i cannot in anyway upload the video on my webspace.. but I think that by now on the dc-system the video should be well spread (try all the metal-hubs) :)

Yes, it's how it works, which is totally understandable. The record labels own the rights to the music/videos, so it's in their interest to have as much control of the material as possible regarding how and when it's presented. This usually means that they're the only ones that can host the videos. When it's up on the C.M. site, I'll add a link from our site, but I can't upload it myself as such.

Still, it's dead easy using P2P programs, so anyone really eager to see the video shouldn't have any problems...

Caotico said:
Yes, it's how it works, which is totally understandable. The record labels own the rights to the music/videos, so it's in their interest to have as much control of the material as possible regarding how and when it's presented. This usually means that they're the only ones that can host the videos. When it's up on the C.M. site, I'll add a link from our site, but I can't upload it myself as such.

Still, it's dead easy using P2P programs, so anyone really eager to see the video shouldn't have any problems...
probably it's a stupid question, but still it's worth asking it: shouldn't the bands have the rights over their own music? it sounds pretty strange that a band can't even upload their own video on their own website... :Smug:

Nt3N said:
probably it's a stupid question, but still it's worth asking it: shouldn't the bands have the rights over their own music?

in theory, a label makes it possible to produce and promote a record, book gigs, and sell merchandise, among other things that the artist would have no clue about. which when it comes to most contracts gives the label plenty of rights over the music, for a limited period of time. aside from specific cases of abuse or stupidity, whether things should work in some other way is more of a philosophical question: should bands produce their own music? and what about those who don't have the means or the knowledge? are labels going to become obsolete as a consequence of file sharing?

Yes and no...The label is the one paying for the costs of recording the music and the video, so it's normal that they have the rights, at least for a few years. If you're licencing an already finished (self financed) recording, things might be different.

Of course C.M. wouldn't kick our asses if we indeed would upload the video, but it'd be very unprofessional to "compete" with our label, and I'm sure that they'll publish it soon enough.

EDIT: Rahvin summed it up pretty well, didn't see his reply before writing my post.